Complete Kit Car Magazine - reviews the Mega S2000

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I had a long term plan of rebodying my car in the next 24 months or so, and giving the chassis a complete tidy up, re powder coat some of the suspension parts etc. (Mine's had a number of upgrades over the years, plus conversion from aeroscreen to full windscreen, so is looking a little tidier than I'd prefer)

I'm starting to consider perhaps swapping the "choice bits" from mine - which never really get the money back when sold on a car anyway, over to a new build, (along with the "developments" I've come up with over the years), and "down spec'ing" my current car.

It's just whether I could live without a Westfield for the time it would take to rebuild!

I gotta admit I'm sorely tempted; it's one of those "if I'd known now, when I was building then" sort of situations.

hmmm.

Dave, it is ok, you dont need to justify it to me, I think you should do it   :d

If you are going to take apart and part rebuild your current car, surely it would be quicker to just build a new one - how is that for man logic?

I had a long term plan of rebodying my car in the next 24 months or so, and giving the chassis a complete tidy up, re powder coat some of the suspension parts etc. (Mine's had a number of upgrades over the years, plus conversion from aeroscreen to full windscreen, so is looking a little tidier than I'd prefer)

I'm starting to consider perhaps swapping the "choice bits" from mine - which never really get the money back when sold on a car anyway, over to a new build, (along with the "developments" I've come up with over the years), and "down spec'ing" my current car.

It's just whether I could live without a Westfield for the time it would take to rebuild!

I gotta admit I'm sorely tempted; it's one of those "if I'd known now, when I was building then" sort of situations.

hmmm.

oooh youve been infeced with the virus-now its just a matter of time ;-)

Should you plan to do it in winter, Id be happy to lend a hand, should I be of any use to you?

Just cut out the development and build a blade car