Complete Kit Car Magazine - reviews the Mega S2000

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

One of the things the factory seems to have been most keen on is not getting tangled up in the whole fiddled with stock ecu thing. The Mega S2000 uses an Omex ecu, and Omex have put a lot of work into the mapping and set up specifically for the Westfield installation. (Damn them! It was still with Omex when the car was supposed to come to out area meet last year  :laugh: )

As has been mentioned earlier, the VTEC is brought in earlier than in the original Honda. But that's ignoring all the other fine tuning to get the best out of it in a Westfield.

Martin, Rory's Dad has been out in it too, and had lots of good things to say. I haven't yet, but damn well want too!  :d 

Those engines respond really well to throte bodies. I seem to recall a chap on the Peugeot forums I once frequented putting on into a 309 Trio! Peak power changes little but mid-range is much fatter.

guest, Ive got a screen. Cant see me getting rid of it.. Might improve performance-but will ruin the experience imho.

I want to drive it more often-

I have a full screen too. I like no doors/full screen. Doors on for longer journeys though.

I do love the styling on the new car with the v8 bonnet. Wonder if I could fit it to my chassis

One of the things the factory seems to have been most keen on is not getting tangled up in the whole fiddled with stock ecu thing. The Mega S2000 uses an Omex ecu, and Omex have put a lot of work into the mapping and set up specifically for the Westfield installation. (Damn them! It was still with Omex when the car was supposed to come to out area meet last year  :laugh: )

As has been mentioned earlier, the VTEC is brought in earlier than in the original Honda. But that's ignoring all the other fine tuning to get the best out of it in a Westfield.

thats the whole euro issue tho.... It wont pass euro emissions without installing the honda wiring loom that connects the error codes to the ecu... the remappable ecus arent obd compatible... The only real chance would be a piggyback ecu that latches onto the stock ecu-but youd still need a custom wiring loom for the things like eld, secondary air pump, vacuum lines etc etc etc.. I had to strip the entire loom back to the bare necessaties... lots of work-

Please take this in the spirit of fun Timmeh, but tough titie!

"Europe" has had the Sport Turbo effectively designed to suit it and the legal requirements required to sell there, British "enthusiast" owners have felt like we've had the short end of the Westfield deal for a few years now, while the drive to sell to Europe got the development time and the budget. Now I understand that for sound financial reasons that probably had to be the case, and that's fine. But, this is Westfields first "enthusiast" targeted UK model for years, it looked so promising at last years Stoneleigh and now it's starting to sound like it wasn't just worth waiting for, but a real corker of a car too, and that's fantastic.

Now to be fair, if you were to buy the starter kit and build one, there's nothing to stop you building one with a Honda ecu if you wanted, but I for one am so glad that the factory has decided to do all the development work with Omex that they have, cause its that sort of work that's hard to afford for the average builder, but absolutely transforms how well the car works day to day.

oh Im with you with that mate. I might be living in germany, but they havent turned me into one just yet..

Personally, would rather have had them develop it for uk spec, and another version thats euro spec too tho.. Imagine how great it would be to get westfield on the map all round the globe!

lets face it the euro westy is a pile of poop, and has been slated over here as no contender for the caterhams, vm's, etc..

I would love it if westfield became a huge name over here, like it is in the uk!

Anyhow, enough of the Euro car.

Anyone driven the S2000 car yet, or has it just been pax rides?

It would be great if the factory could bring it to Blyton this year ...

• Like 1

Found a copy of the article while I was looking for something on the US guys site (the one that does the old manual downloads)

mag article it's the top left magazine!

Thanks for posting that Dave, really good read  :yes:

The F20C and gearbox will be amazing but it looks to offer so much more!! I did have a slight tear in my eye until I reached the bit where it said the FW rear is optional  :oops:  :oops:  :laugh:  ;)

• Like 1

One of skcc guys has swapped a zetec to a s2000 (in a gbs zero) and with emerald ecu got 250bhp on the rollers with the two Steve's but it does weight quite a lot. Chap is very happy with it all.

Personally i'd prefer a light weight duratec as the engine of choice but can see it being popular.

(Damn them! It was still with Omex when the car was supposed to come to out area meet last year  :laugh: )

Were we sufficiently nice to them that they might come back up?  When the weather is better?

http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/Issue/latestissue.html'>http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/Issue/latestissue.html

Happened to spot the magazine while I was buying a birthday card in WHSmiths this morning

Yeah yeah yeah / we all know what mags you were after ;-)