What tyres do people use

johnfelstead

I am just sending of my MSA comp license app so i can come play in the speed series.

I am eligable for class B which is over 1800 novice.

Thing is, i run my car on Avon ACB10's as it's mainly used on track days. As i understand it, i cant use these tyres for Class B in the championship.

I believe the SO2 PP is the best tyre to use but thats not available anymore. I dont fancy using something that is hopeless as everyone knows tyres make a huge diference to performance.

Can you guys tell me whats the best available tyre. If i dont find something suitable i may just come play with the race spec big boys and have a laugh. (and hope it doesnt rain!;):durr:

Anyone got some SO2 PP's in 205/50x15 and 225/50x15?

There are still some S02's around - try BMTR - they always seem to be able to find some from somewhere.  :)

BMTR in Birmingham  Tel: 0121 331 1122 had a few SO2 tyres last week 205/50x15 and 225/50x15. I think these look a better bet than the new SO3s.

Allen

Thanks guys.

I use BMTR for my ACB10's so will give them a call tomorrow.

I only want these for the speed series although they may be a better bet for my runs over to the Nurburgring too, i always drive there on my ACB10's which makes the run quite interesting when it rains! :devil:

SO3's are very poor compared to the SO2's, i wouldnt use them.