Hi folks :) - Searching for Cortina cycle brackets/cycle wings

Red Flash

Hi guys  :)

Would anyone have any Cortina cycle bracketscycle wings & Light brackets for a 1996 Westfield SE narrow body..

Our new Westie is in need of a facelift! 

Any feedback would be much appreciated, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction  :yes:

Thanks, Will  :t-up:

What colour and which tyre size? There are two widths of wing - one for 185 tyres and a larger one for up to around 205.

Tiger Racing, the people who make the Tiger kitcars used to make very nice cycle wing brackets that, unlike the Westfield version, didn't require you to chop down the balljoint to allow it to fit as the Tiger ones make use of the three dust cover bolt holes... not sure if they still make them now but worth a try

As per Peter above - I have them too...

I have a pair of used crimson cycle wings going begging.  They have some small holes already drilled.  £25 + postage please.

Rory's Dad

I have a set of black ones going too. They're too narrow for my 195 tyres so I'm guessing they're 185 going by Geoffs comment above.

Mark

I've got three wide ones in chrome yellow spare. Not the best cosmetically but sound.

Thanks for all the reply's guys  :d Much appreciated

What colour and which tyre size? There are two widths of wing - one for 185 tyres and a larger one for up to around 205.

Preferably maroon or black Geoff  :yes: 185's would be perfect  :)

Tiger Racing, the people who make the Tiger kitcars used to make very nice cycle wing brackets that, unlike the Westfield version, didn't require you to chop down the balljoint to allow it to fit as the Tiger ones make use of the three dust cover bolt holes... not sure if they still make them now but worth a try

Thanks for the tip  :yes: I'll drop them an email & see if they can sort me out

As per Peter above - I have them too...

Tidy  ;)

I have a pair of used crimson cycle wings going begging.  They have some small holes already drilled.  £25 + postage please.

Rory's Dad

Thanks for the offer, black or maroon would be ideal.

I have a set of black ones going too. They're too narrow for my 195 tyres so I'm guessing they're 185 going by Geoffs comment above.

Mark

Hi Mark these sound the business  :d Please could you tell me what condition are they in?

Hi Will, I think they are more or less perfect condition, no holes or anything.  Give me half an hour or so and I'll PM you some pics.

Hi Will, I think they are more or less perfect condition, no holes or anything.  Give me half an hour or so and I'll PM you some pics.

Awesome Mark :d thanks alot, look forward to the pics  :yes:

Well it was 10 years ago that I had mine but IIRC they were easy to fit... 6 bolts using the dust cover holes in the uprights plus a few washers just to get them sitting square over the tyre and then drill and bolt the cycle wings to the brackets - some people use stuff like Sikaflex to glue them on instead but they can come adrift if not done properly :oops:

Was that from personal experience Pete  :laugh:  We don't what that happening, like you say bolts are probably the way to go  :yes:

I'm surprised how expensive the brackets are..especially from the Westfield site..maybe i'm just a cheap A***  :p

I'm considering those 'Cortina stays' you've mentioned Pete unless someone else on the forum has any lying around..Just discovered I'll need a pair of light brackets also as I don't want to hack the originals incase i come to resell/ replace with the original flared arches  :t-up:   

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.