huhne and price

jeff oakley

So as expected they are both going to do porridge with 8 months apiece for perverting the course of justice. They both deserve it for being odius individuals who took their hatered of each other and destroyed each other in the process. But is the sentance fair? Just this week a scout master gets a suspended sentance for kiddie fiddling so where is the justice?

One is an abohrrent crime the other does no harm except to the system.views?

Their crime is one of perverting the course of justice - something that has to treated with a harsh sentence to shore-up the foundations of the judicial system. It matters not whether it was to avoid a speeding fine or to get out of an attempted murder conviction. What's more he was a pillar of the community and, therefore, has to be treated in a fashion that recognises his hypocrisy and arrogance.

As for the paedophile scout master, I know nothing of it bar what you write, but of course nothing short of a long prison sentence should be handed down for his crime on the face of it. He was in a position of trust and his betrayal of that is more heinous than a man in the street's commission of the very same offence. Even the 'ordinary' member of the public who assaults a child should be imprisoned. The suspension of a custodial sentence for this is a miscarriage of justice in my view.

• Like 1

Country is in a mess!

Speeding - a crime - honestly!

If it wasn't classified as a crime then there would have been no "perverting the course of justice" would there?

Two prison cells taken up by naughty people instead of two real criminals. Can the tax payer afford these games that we seem to want to play these days? :no:

As MOTCO says they had to be made an example of. What else would you expect from a judge when someone attempts to pervert the very thing he deals with.

We shouldn't make judgements on cases we don't know about. We don't know the facts so we shouldn't pass judgement.

No defence of them at all, they tried to make use of the legal system for their own ends, however.......there was a woman on radio 2 saying her stepson was a drug dealer with numerous counts of GBH, and he'd never seen jail.

Who would you rather did jail time?

Windy, they weren't charged with speeding. The charges were perverting the course of justice.

Yes but you have to commit a crime first in order to be able to pervert the course of justice don't you.

Speeding is regarded as a crime in this country - you have committed an offence if you speed!!!

He went to court 14 times and denied the offence

Wasted public ( my) money

Deserved all they got

I am not defending them at all, the justice system was always going to come down hard on them for the crime of perverting the course of justice, something they hold so dear. And probably in this case as he is a millionaire how much could you fine him to hurt? To me though it is the way the sentances are decided upon. This is so serious only a jail sentance will do but read in any of the papers and see the sentences they hand out for violent crime, or sexual offences. To me we should demand that all criminals are sent to prision and make it hard for them, not inhumain, but harsh. I just wish the judges would see the crimes against the population as seriously as they see ones against their system

Said on the news that he repeatedly lied goodness me, of course he lied he is, sorry was a politician, and as such couldn't tell the truth if he tripped over it.

Just a few words on justice Abu Whatsisf*ck*inname Katarda, nuff said me thinks. Tell lies in court go down, end of.

Bob :(  :(

Yes but you have to commit a crime first in order to be able to pervert the course of justice don't you.

Speeding is regarded as a crime in this country - you have committed an offence if you speed!!!

No you don't. If you attempt to avoid a legally imposed penalty by some nefarious means, you are perverting the course of justice. Surely you aren't advocating anarchy in terms of traffic law?

No you don't. If you attempt to avoid a legally imposed penalty by some nefarious means, you are perverting the course of justice. Surely you aren't advocating anarchy in terms of traffic law?

So every scrote who is found guilty in court because they are lying should also be automatically guilty of PCOJ as well that would be fair in my eyes. Might get better sentancing

That would be perjury then, I think.

Bob :d