Who's going to the Isle of Man?

windy

Who's going? Reading the regs and speaking to people makes me think its not one (or three) to miss. The thought of driving for three days on parts of the TT circuit sounds very exciting, even if it is expensive.

Regards

Windy

I am planning on two on the IOM followed bya weekend on the mainland... (expensive though)  4 HCs in 4 days...

Not really looked into the cost? what R we talking excluding accommodation?

Buzz :cool:

The price i have been given from Travel services. for the ferry, is £296 for car trailer and two people. Dont know if it is good or bad!!  :zzz:

Total cost for the weekend for B&B accomodation, entry fee for the 3 events, ferry with trailer, fuel for tow car / Westfield and food for 1 person competing I reckon will be in the region of £650. Yes its expensive but you could take your other half and share a room to reduce the per person price.

One to do once only just for the experience of driving on the TT circuit me thinks! I spoke to Nobby and Ian at the Autosport show and they reckon it was great when they did it.

Regards

Windy

Im going. Ive booked the ferry, sent the entry. All I have to do now is build the ******g car !!!

Cant wait for the season to start, but I wish I had a little more time to get the car back together.

Regards

Who's going? Reading the regs and speaking to people makes me think its not one (or three) to miss. The thought of driving for three days on parts of the TT circuit sounds very exciting, even if it is expensive.

Regards

Windy

I have booked the ferry and enter all 3 days.

Where are these hills anyway, can't locate them on the map?

Just thinking about access to communial festivities after a quite day on the hills!

Is the campsite favourite for all or is it going to be B&B?

David,

B&B / hotels seem to be the favourite. The campsitse aren't that cheap any way. I guess most people will be based in / around Douglas where most of the accomodation is. I've found a place with plenty of parking 5 mins from the town.

Sloc is down south, Creg ny Baa is in the middle & Lergy frissel is up north.

It would be nice to have a get together after the events. I'm sure there are plenty of eating places where we could book a table for 10 - 15 people in Douglas (same as what we did in anglesey last year)?

Regards

Windy

• 5 weeks later...

You will all love it!!!!!!

I've been to the TT many times, not to be missed, can any one help me with the detail in getting there with a motorhome & a trailer, & getting regs & entry accepted?

P.S. The most expensive item will bw the beer!!!!!!

All I know is that the regs were sent out well before Christmas by the organisers  ???  So with the Speed Series and venue popularity things might be filling up very quickly  ???

Someone is sure to come along any minute with some helpful details  ;)

Just make sure you get back down for the Stoneleigh evening soiree  :p  and celebrate your point, cos I know someone who won't let you use his car again if you beat him  :p