Keeping the rain out........Aeroscreens

Graham0127

Owdo

I got this cheap thankfully as normally about £400, but absolutley waterproof, used at le mans and when ever camp and never leaked in full night of rain.

has cable underneath that locks with padlock, cant recommend enough if not a little pricey. can find make if you want but means going in garage

Boney

I'd be interested in where you got this and how much Boney.

Walker St Clair Cockpit Covers for 55 quid. Also advertised Pg 21 of this issue of WW.

Does a great job for screen or Aero. You will need to get your own tie downs. I find an opened umbrella (which I always have behind the seats) wedged between the tunnel and the seat with the cockpit cover draped over works well and avoids there being a pool of water.

For something more substantial  you'd need to go down the road Boney did or you could get a Halfrauds all weather small car cover and prop it up with a broom handle or afore mentioned brolly.

owdo

ok will have a look what make, has to be said as its soft takes up far less room than a normal tonneau, although as stated you do have to wait for exhaust to cool down, but if it is raining then it doesn't take very long :p

far more water resistant than a normal tonneau, the water forms in beads like mercury and just rolls off on its own

Boney

• Like 1

I use a walker at Claire cover, it also doubles as a seat cushion when driving.

I used some suction cups to attach it to the body work

• Like 1

I use a walker at Claire cover, it also doubles as a seat cushion when driving.

I used some suction cups to attach it to the body work

Any chance you recall where you got the suction cups...

I have a walk at Clair too, amazing bit of kit! I use shock cord on wing mirrors and shock cord, with clip, to tighten middle to the wheels. But I have full screen, so not sure if bee too loose for your screen set up.

My garage, I found them by chance looking for something else and thought they would be perfect.

B and Q type place would think, they've suction cup with key ring type loop that I thread through tabs on the cover

Hope that helps

The thing with the tonneau covers, (and I guess the same may be true of the vinyl roof, it's the same sort of material), is that it's sensitive to what you clean it with as far as water resistance goes. It also seems to loose water resistance over time/exposure to rain etc.

admittedly, I've used  a proper soft top cleaner and reproofer on my roof since I've had one, and that's worked fine. But on the tonneau, after advice received years ago, I forget where, I started using Autoglyms spray on Bumper Black after cleaning the tonneau. In addition to really bringing the surface finish up nicely, it's superb at keeping up the water repellency. (Only Autoglyms aerosol spray on stuff though, not the newer gel thing they do in a bottle)

The thing with the tonneau covers, (and I guess the same may be true of the vinyl roof, it's the same sort of material), is that it's sensitive to what you clean it with as far as water resistance goes. It also seems to loose water resistance over time/exposure to rain etc.

admittedly, I've used  a proper soft top cleaner and reproofer on my roof since I've had one, and that's worked fine. But on the tonneau, after advice received years ago, I forget where, I started using Autoglyms spray on Bumper Black after cleaning the tonneau. In addition to really bringing the surface finish up nicely, it's superb at keeping up the water repellency. (Only Autoglyms aerosol spray on stuff though, not the newer gel thing they do in a bottle)

I used their soft top cleaner sealer, works amazingly, I used to use all auto glym products... But now found nanolex, eBay, and I find there stuff's easier to use, need less of it, a bottle lasts months longer and it lasts much longer on the car! Auto glym needed a new coat and clean every week, nanolex lasts 10-14 weeks and only needs water/microfibre cloth to clean it. I've used nano lex fabric seat sealer on the tonneau and water's beaded up and lifting middle up as unzipping it clear most of the water. If raining I can get wet lap when turning left coz water shoots off the tonneau and into my lap!

Thanks, I'll give their stuff a try when I run out of the soft top reproofer, (forget the brand, it isn't the Autoglym one), if anyone's tested the treatments under all weathers and for durability, it's definitely you!

If raining I can get wet lap when turning left coz water shoots off the tonneau and into my lap!

Ah yes, that old chestnut; yeah, been there done that!

I should add, it doesn't (or didn't for me) seem to pool up on the passenger side when moving. But in really heavy rain, if I'd had to stop for lights etc, I got into the habit of just tipping any water off the passenger side, before setting off again. It never got much, but even a small amount goes a long way when it's suddenly dimpled in your lap  :laugh:  :blush:  :suspect: 

owdo

ok will have a look what make, has to be said as its soft takes up far less room than a normal tonneau, although as stated you do have to wait for exhaust to cool down, but if it is raining then it doesn't take very long :p

far more water resistant than a normal tonneau, the water forms in beads like mercury and just rolls off on its own

Boney

Really like this cover...and the fact it`ll take up no room when not being used....thanks.