Keeping the rain out........Aeroscreens

Graham0127

I`ve just changed to an aeroscreen and am going to get a raincover made.I would like to know if other members would be intersted in one that WILL fit properly and be waterproof ?

There maybe some on the market,but I want one that isn`t like a baggy sack that forms pools of rainwater on them. :no:  :yes:

I have a lenght of pvc wastepipe with notches in it which I clip between the aeroscreen and the roll bar.  I've got another one which I use for the windscreen alternative.

Rory's Dad

How do you carry the pipe whilst driving?I hate getting in on wet seats if it rains whilst I`m out for the day.Not a problem at night as mine is always garaged.....

Really looking at protection for weekends away etc....

Fit a windscreen and a hood :d

Or a full tonneau cover :)

Fit a windscreen and a hood :d Or a full tonneau cover :)

Just took the screen off!!!Had a full tonneau for my Boxster..hated it!

Looking for one that will fit over the aeroscreen and pull tight formng a slope from the roll bar.

The tonneau cover was great for all those years I ran an aero screen. When driving one up, the closed passenger section helped trap any warm air given off by the tunnel, also cut down on those icy blasts of air that swirl in the cockpit, especially at motorway speeds.

Worked well when having weekends away etc, car was fine left overnight, even when it had rained.

Bizarrely, it also seemed to be some sort of magic security measure when the car was left unattended! The average person that would have been prodding, poking and even occasionally sitting in the car while it was parked up at events seemed completely stopped by the closed tonneau cover!

The tonneau cover was great for all those years I ran an aero screen. When driving one up, the closed passenger section helped trap any warm air given off by the tunnel, also cut down on those icy blasts of air that swirl in the cockpit, especially at motorway speeds.

Worked well when having weekends away etc, car was fine left overnight, even when it had rained.

Bizarrely, it also seemed to be some sort of magic security measure when the car was left unattended! The average person that would have been prodding, poking and even occasionally sitting in the car while it was parked up at events seemed completely stopped by the closed tonneau cover!

Did the cover puddle if you got caught by rain...obviously when parked up.Porsche one was shi7e....putting presstuds on wasn`t an option though,but don`t want them on Westie either....Likely going along the half hood route....over the bar with adjustable straps and down onto and over screen.

Barely, if it was really really bad, you'd get a couple of tiny puddles, but that was it - one either side of the central zip. That said, if you have a look at the SBfS web site, they do a simple innovation for the tonneau covers that would have fixed this; they have an attachment loop in the centre of the tonneau cover that you can use to hook a bungee cord or similar through and hook the other end round the roll bar. This lifts the centre of the cover enough to let water run straight off without pooling.

Yes though, I did have to have popper bases fitted to the car. If doing again, I'd probably use ones SBfS supply that come in a black finish, (IIRC they're either semi gloss or matt), which would be much less conspicuous on my car.

I have a custom made tonneau, with a zip down the middle and I put straps behind the seats to roll it up and roll it behind.

Works perfectly well for me, except for when I cut big holes in it to fit the new seats! But still keeps it very dry and microfibre cloth off any water in seat as I get in... Never much at all. May even reduce drag by having passenger side covered up, but unsure.

A5D5A053-FFB3-447F-A0D9-D0B48AD3B413-977

The sides can sit on the edge, as held on by straps inside, but if no rain I tuck them inside the car.

I found security advantages too!

Owdo

I got this cheap thankfully as normally about £400, but absolutley waterproof, used at le mans and when ever camp and never leaked in full night of rain.

has cable underneath that locks with padlock, cant recommend enough if not a little pricey. can find make if you want but means going in garage

cover_zpsca96cd73.jpg

Boney

I had a toneau, which worked great with normal seats, but now won't fit over Tillets. That had been out in all weathers and was fine.

My plan this spring is to custom make my own toneau, in three pieces, to do just this job.

I also have a cockpit cover which is great for the mean time. I bought it as a a quick alternative to the toneau, but to be honest the toneau was quicker!

Cant beat a well fitted  tonneau IMO any surplus rainwater can soon be shaken off leaving the innards bone dry , mine stows in the bootbox but prolly would fit behind the seats or certainly in the passenger footwell .

The problem with a full cover , apart from the bulk is the exhaust needs to cool down so it doessnt melt the plassy , could be tipping it down why your waiting for it to cool , no such problem with the tonneau :)