Welcome to our New Speed Series Competitors

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

I have just had a count up and this year we have 22 Novices this year, with 18 off them who have no experience of Motorsport or have done less than 5 events. It's great to see you joining in, you should have a lot of fun.  :d  :d  :d

If I could ask our regular drivers to please look out for these guys especially at their first events and to show them the ropes. If you need any help, just look for a car with a WSCC Speed Series Sticker on it and ask, they will always help. It's a good idea if you are going to an event to post up here and let people know, then you know who to look for before you get there.

Also a word of caution for those who are doing their first year, in general the circuits are pretty safe and you have to be really trying to have a big accident, but the hills are different, there is very little run-off and it's possible to have an accident for very little error. So please consider carefully the venues you go to in the first year and if a venue has little run-off don't push to the absolute limit as you might on a track. 

Most of all though folks enjoy yourselves!  :d   :d

I certainly am, looking forward to having a proper go at it this year! :d  :d

Oh and if you find a Brummie, a Welshman and a Scotsman at the bar do not keep pace with the drinking, it just ends up been messy!  :o  :oops:  :o  :oops: 

• Like 1

That would be worth seeing Luke, I am just hoping that  all of the Plays-Kool goodies stay attached to the car ?

My first planned sprint is going to be until 1st June at Pembrey (Due to work, funds, making sure the car is running right etc etc)

Can I pick up the T-Shirt, sticker and any other stuff at Stoneleigh? 

Can't wait :-) only a few weeks to go! (Castle Combe on the 23rd this month). Do I grab stickers from somewhere? I see they are part of the rules - to be displayed.

Dodgey, Nick is very quick to get the Speed series stuff out to people, relax a bit I am sure you will not be docked any points for non display, you have got a few weeks yet,so plenty of time

Hope you have everything under control ? I was in your position last year but you will be fine, just dont put yourself under any pressure by expecting too much too soon, lots of banter and advice is readilly given :)

Can't wait :-) only a few weeks to go! (Castle Combe on the 23rd this month). Do I grab stickers from somewhere? I see they are part of the rules - to be displayed.

Loving the excitement that's building to the start of this year... I'm nowhere near ready, but getting excited myself. I'm booked onto Combe and feeling the stress... Just make sure everything is tight Dodgey and like said above Nick will have everything out in time.

Ahh I'm cool - It's just I'm off to Spain shortly and I'm back two days before Castle Combe, so I've been trying to get everything in order in advance. Just took her out for her 1st spin this year but too much traffic to have any fun/find out what the new tyres are like.

Packs with Stickers and cards are all in the post today. 2nd class, but still loads of time to get to everyone.

As to Tim's questions about T Shirts, YES we always take them to Stoneleigh, it's a good place to pick them up if you don;t get to one of the first events.

I will be at Castle Coombe, but not driving, so I will have plenty of time to help any Newbies with any problems or advise on procedure.

Also will probably have T shirts for issue.

Stu Hill

As to Tim's questions

Can't remember changing my name....  :laugh: 

Thanks for the answer Nicola....  :p   :p

Thats got a good ring to it  Algar the Younger

Wonder if Luke brings a van full of Plays-kool goodies to events , we might need some replacement parts , obviously need some discount code

I think you'll find the discount code at a Speed Series venue is "BEER".

True, Luke did me a good deal on some stuff at Christmas so I said if he came to Curborough I would buy him a beer ( only 1 mind )

So beer tokens are official discount currency , sorted