Top Gear Africa Special

Ian Podmore

great programme, really enjoyed it.  

We should invite them do a round of the Speed Series...... buy a westy on ebay, have 48 hours to fix it up and then compete in a round!!!

• Like 1

Jeff, I would have thought that most aid goes to the sub Sahara area.

Compared to the Western world then Africa will always be poor. I'm not sure that the vast majority of Africans consider themselves poor, they probably wouldn't understand the meaning of the word.

i worked in africa and the people i met in Kenya (rural kenya) 20 years ago felt sorry for me as i was so burdened with "stuff"......  all they wanted was a man U shirt.....and a water well....

Really enjoyed and like seeing the different sides to a country when the tg boys visit.

Cheering on hammond in his scooby ;)

Many predicatable moments of course, but I thought it was coming across as a great trip by 3 friends in an unusual place having a right laugh.

Thought the conversion of the interiors was very well done - i was just expecting a matress thrown in the back.

Not sure I'd want to buy any of the cars afterwards ....  The underside will be a right mess.

Still need 'gifts' for JC and mop head. The 'gifts' are always funny IMO.

I thought the Volvo was 4x4 for a second. Saw the front wheel spinning when they were snatching it out of mud. Then I discovered its FWD! - was very surprised Volvo made a FWD estate You live and learn.

I've been through various parts of Africa and the bits they showed looked positively wealthy compared to places like Zimbabwe where their govt has squandered everything through corruption. Africa is robbing itself as much as other countries are.

not all the 850R were 4x4 - i had one and it was dffo 2wd and i had a V70R and that was Front only :)

apologies Roger - FWD (front wheel drive?) my mistake mate 

LOL - Read your post above and thought "doh!" then I read your second post :-)  hehe - yes - Front Wheel Drive :-)))

(I actually thought when I watched the program , "ahh thats how they are getting that Volvo through mud!", Then when I realised is was FRONT wheel drive (( :-p  )) I was even more amazed.

i blitzed a pair of tyres in my v70R in 875 miles......

mind you the roads round northampton are considerably worse than Rwanda at the moment with all the potholes.... :p

Whoa! That's insane. 

I can understand on a bike..... I bought a fat rear for my R6 and punctured it about 2 miles down the road..... but a car!