V8 Carbon Bonnet

mcgee-01

Silly question I know, I am in the midsts of overhauling my Westfield and came across this V8 bonnet and wondered if it will fit my car... Help appreciated...

• Like 1

It's a bit of a guess, as you don't actually say which version of Westfield you've got, or which carbon bonnet it is!

But looking at your avatar it looks like you might have a car with ZK bodywork, if it's a wide as well, (not sure if they made narrow ZK bodywork or not) and if its the Carbon Mods bonnet you've seen, then it may fit.

Making the assumption your car is a wide body, there have been two variations of the "classic" body shape through the years.

The newest bodywork referred to as ZK has large prominent locating lugs for accurately positioning the scuttle and bonnet onto the main tub. The bonnet features a large return flange at the front and is normally held to the nose cone with a pair of locating lugs.

The older bodywork which is sometimes called the "Kit" or "small lug" bodywork has very small locating lugs and no return flange on the front of the bonnet.

The carbonmods V8 bonnet is designed for the Zk bodywork :)

Sorry to previous responders I did insert a pic but it didn't stay in the listing... It is a Carbon Mod bonnet http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Bonnet-for-Westfield-SEiW-(V8)__CMBONWSTV8.aspx and my car is wide body (the avatar pic being my car).. I love the look of the V8 Bonnet but at the price I have to be right in order to buy it. The fasteners on my car at the front are like to pointers going into two position holes in the nose and a tap like key operation to latch close both sides at the rear... My car is in my friends garage for now so it isnt easy to get pics to show you all..... 

Sounds same as mine. SeiW, and I now know it's ZK! 2005 car and I have a factory supplied V8 bonnet that looks identical to the carbon mods on and considered it myself. However I've seen a few black nose cone and black bonnet yellow cars and I don't like the contrast much.

But I'm 80% sure it'll fit and personally I'd ask if I could drive up and see if it fits before buying it.

Is there a guide in body styles somewhere? I have a ducted nose and V8 bonnet on a 1999 (2000 registered) SEiW but it doesn't have any locating lugs for the bonnet at all. Buying a new bonnet (mine is a little damaged) is getting toward the top of my priority list for the car.