wouldn't fancy meeting that in the Westy !

XTR2Turbo

There really are some stupid f******s out there, I am guessing this was thrown from a bridge

There really are some stupid f******s out there, I am guessing this was thrown from a bridge

According to the PH thread it was flicked up off the road.

Jesus - imagine driving along and seeing it flick up and be spinning towards your screen at a rapid rate :(

Had a half brick dropped on a car once on the motorway, luckily it hit the screen just by the pillar. Screen wiped out pillar undamaged. Cleaning the seats took several years.

Bob :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  

wouldnt fancy meeting that on the way home

Collected the company van from being serviced at the local garage many years ago, then set off to a clients in Birmingham. Just heading past Stafford on the M6 sitting at a steady seventy, there's a rattle from under the van of something metallic bouncing off the floor pan. We look behind to see something bounce down the road and hit the grill of a following Merc. Instant clouds of steam.

We pull over, as does the Merc. We walk back down the hard shoulder to find a very shaken driver pulling a well used Snap On screwdriver out from his rad. 

We go back to the van, knowing its not one of ours, but knowing its just come from the garage, open the bonnet, and there's another screwdriver and a couple of spanners sat in a hollow in the inner wing near the bulkhead that have obviously just been left and forgotten about.

After exchanging insurance details, and finishing off at the clients, we drove back to the garage and asked politely of one of the mechanics had miss laid some tools. Sure enough, one sheepishly comes forward! At which point we told them exactly what had happened and expect to be hearing from the insurers.

• Like 1

Can't think of a worthy comment that wouldn't be blocked out...

oh and the swear filter does not work very well

Post and filter updated! 

why is it that when things are coming towards the screen its almost in slow motion. 

A spanner is that the best you can do? :laugh:

Back in the early 70s the car in front of me lost his rear wheel, guess where it landed?

Yep it took off straight up, then gravity got the better of it, which way do you swerve when somethings dropping out of the sky?

It hit the front edge of my roof and windscreen just above my head, luckily I'm a shortarse ;)

The roof caved in and pulled over the door pillar, windscreen smashed, glass everywhere, I stood on the brakes,

An MG Midget hit me up the back, then a Morris 1000 traveller hit the midget, it was bent like a banana,

girl passenger in the midget took the windscreen out with her head,This was before the days of compulsory seat belts.

Police, ambulances the lot, it was like a disaster movie. I just had a cut on the back of my hand.

All this happened in Steve D's backyard, on the A556 Northwich bypass at Lostock Gralham

On the USA 2005 trip one of the Caterham guys hit an oil well wrench in Texas got pics somewhere but it was about 16" in length and smashed his sump off