What tyres do you own?

CJspeedsport

Track tyres  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have my SG (soft) 888's on 205/60 R13's and som Avon ZV1's on 205/50 R15's which are beyond rubbish on the track (as compared to 888's that is!).

I'm looking to save my 888's for the speed series events that I'm hoping to do this year and was wondering what people used as a track day tyre that they don't mind destroying or that last a bit longer.

Sorry my poll is track based and only has Toyo or Yokohama, if I see a trend of other tyres, I will try and add it aswell.

Thanks,

CJ

I have 2 sets of 13" wheels, one with R888's (205's SG on fronts and GG on rears) and one set with A048's which I will be testing out on the North Weald activity day in June. Once either set has had enough I will fit the set of used slicks I bought months ago to them to try out on a trackday

For the 15" road wheels I'll be fitting R1R's once I've destroyed the normal road tyres that are currently on them on the above North Weald day!

• Like 1

I'd suggest that if you're going to select OTHER, post the tyre first, and I will add it to the poll, which might make this more useful.

CJ

I had Avon Av1's, not too bad...

Until...

Toyo T1R's! Wow! What a tyre!

Will move to R1R's next though.

I used 048's on my Mini Cooper (real one!), on the MGBGT that I had after and the MG midget I had, never an issue.

I was advised T1R's down at the factory.

• Like 1

I have A048's and A021's. Was selling the wheels with the 021's but they don't seem to be selling so may just keep them for wet days

The A048's will be tested at castle combe on the the 15th so I'll let you know how i get on with them

• Like 1

Wish I could work out how to reorganise the poll....my OCD makes me want it in better order...AGH!!!

I have A048's and A021's. Was selling the wheels with the 021's but they don't seem to be selling so may just keep them for wet days

The A048's will be tested at castle combe on the the 15th so I'll let you know how i get on with them

Please do, that would be great.

CJ

I had Avon Av1's, not too bad...

Until...

Toyo T1R's! Wow! What a tyre!

Will move to R1R's next though.

I used 048's on my Mini Cooper (real one!), on the MGBGT that I had after and the MG midget I had, never an issue.

I was advised T1R's down at the factory.

I'm thinking R1R's might be a nice compromise between rubbish road and amazing 888's!

I will be getting a set of R1R's next week when Luke at Plays-Kool gets me a set in

Hi all

I upgraded my Avon zv3 for Yokohama C drive 2's not so sure if they meet your standards but they grip like dog du to a blanket compared to the Avons

My other is Khumos, as used by many of the roadgoing class sprinters in the Speed Series.

Yokohama Parada Spec II. Nothing to compare it against really but road characteristics seem fine. I'll probably have better feedback once the car has been aligned. When the wheels were on the MX5 the tyres were good but it's not really an accurate comparison.

They were only £30 a corner at the time, which is why they're on the car!

The poll is a mess now, but it shows that 888's are favoured.

Chris