What is it worth? Not sure where to post...

D7PNY

I know folk probably hate this sort of post but I have a bit of a dilema...

Been fighting the urge to sell the westfield and buy something that I can get more use from.

Problem is, I have no idea what it is worth.  I know what I need but I'm not sure whether that is realistic or not.

What makes it difficult to gauge is that the car has previously been recorded a 'total loss' by insurers. Obviously long since fixed up but makes it very tricky to value.

I have some pictures of the damage which was very minor (basically a bent wishbone, knackered wheel and bruised bodywork.  I even have the bent wishbone in the garage as I thought it was useful to hold on to.

It's a well specced 1997 SEiW with redtop making 195bhp on webber 45's. Car is fully rose jointed etc and has been a great weekend car/starter for the sprints and hillclimbs.

Only pic I've got on work pc (has playskool nose in black and dominator headlights fitted now)

6077929960_17938bcb4b_b.jpg

Mileage is just about 10k but the speedo has never worked since I owned it so realistically 11-12k now.

Car would come with everything needed to start out sprinting (new ACB10's last year) spare wheels + tyres etc etc and would even be selling covered trailer to go with it if needed.

What are folks thoughts on rough guide to value so I can make a more informed decision on the route forwards.

Cheers,

Dave

Very nice car, well sorted and driving well by the looks of it.

I'd give you £7k t £7.5k for it without trailer  :)    but that would be knawing your arm off slightly but it's all ive got on me today  :p

as a package to got sprinting £8.750 +

edit to my original post - i seem to have undervalued it.  £8.5 to £9.5 for the car ???

I think you need a bit more info - brakes, gearbox, shocks, diff type, wheels, instruments etc to value.

Otherwise it could have a spread from £6.5k to £9k

You say total loss - is this recorded and correctly road registered now?

As ever there is a price to sell and a price that it is worth to you and they may not be the same.

If you want to sell put it up at a price you would be happy with. If it doesn't move then take it from there.

Yes it is recorded and correctly shown on the V5.

Still the same tub etc though which show's how light the damage was. Granted it has been repaired/painted now.  Body work obviously has the odd mark and scuff and cracks in the gel coat but as far as track car's go I think it's pretty presentable.

I've always tried to keep a rough spec sheet. (just cut and pasted so excuse the length!)  I'll no doubt have missed bits out but see below...

ENGINE:

• 2.0 16v Vauxhall redtop
  • Twin Weber 45’s with ITG Filter
  • Full top end rebuild summer 2012 with reconditioned head
  • QED Q42H cams
  • SBD Exhaust and manifold with Carbon can
  • Polo radiator (brand new)
  • Omex speed system rev limiter and shift light
  • SBD lowline wet sump

GEARBOX:

• 5 speed type 9
  • Sierra 4x4 Limited Slip Diff (3.9)

BRAKES:

• Front - Alloy 4 pots, grooved and drilled
  • Rear - Sierra 4x4 grooved and drilled.

SUSPENSION:

• AVO Shocks rear, Gaz front
  • Rose jointed arms
  • Anti roll bar front (rear removed)

STEERING:

• Titan Alloy steering rack
  • Rose jointed rod ends
  • Fully adjustable

BODY:

• V8 bonnet
  • Lightweight Playskool nosecone (Brand new)
  • Old ducted nose still available (seen better days)
  • Playskool rear diffuser (Brand new)
  • Playskool MSA Rollbar
  • Carbon effect rear stoneguards
  • Carbon effect dash
  • 4” dominator headlights (Brand new)
  • Westfield race seat (non covered) drivers seat with 6 point harness
  • Westfield race seat (vinyl covered) passenger seat with 4 point harness

Wheels:

• 7x13 Team dymamics pro race 1.2’s with ACB10 sports (soft compound)(New April 2012)
  • 6x13 Compomotive CXR’s with old yokohama A048’s for road
  • Spare brand new ACB10’s (non road legal version in harder compound

interesting - very good spec and a very good car for someone - possibly my mate Steve Tee who is market right now.  I would be interested in talking on behalf of my buddy Steve - (i have a post in Cars wanted) 

It is a great car and should be great value given that it is worth slightly less than it ordinarily would be worth.

Like I said, fighting the urge to get something I can get more use of but still in 2 minds about it.  Knowing what it is likely to be worth will hopefully help my decision as I can see what else I am likely to be able to afford (if that makes sense?!)

I love the car and will regret selling it if I do (even the wife has said that!) but just part of me thinks that a vx220 or the likes would get a lot more use and still allow me to do the odd sprint.

how about getting a screen, roof and doors on it to make it more pratical so you dont need to sell

Filfan took the keys off me keyboard... just what i was writing mate. D7... let me know if you do decide to sell.  cheers, james 

I think you need a bit more info - brakes, gearbox, shocks, diff type, wheels, instruments etc to value.

Otherwise it could have a spread from £6.5k to £9k

You say total loss - is this recorded and correctly road registered now?

As ever there is a price to sell and a price that it is worth to you and they may not be the same.

If you want to sell put it up at a price you would be happy with. If it doesn't move then take it from there.

Agree with you that there is a price to sell.  Really just trying to gauge that I'm not barking up the wrong tree value wise with what I think is a fair price.

By the responses so far I think I'm pretty much in the right ball park in my head so can have a look about at alternatives and make a decision from there.

Cheers,

Dave

Might be worth PM'ing Greenstreak and having a chat; Andy has just bought another Westfield after selling his XE engined car a year or so ago to buy an Elise. A car he'd always had an itch to scratch for. And one I guess he thought he'd get more use from.

He's had that haunted "what've I done look" ever since and seem to regret it very quickly and really missed his Westfield. Hence buying another a couple of weeks ago.

While the VX/Lotus route does work for many, no question, it doesn't for all. Having a chat with Andy might help you get a bit of balance.

on the car front, is it a standard Type 9 box, or a modified. (BGH, Quaife, Tran X etc)

how about getting a screen, roof and doors on it to make it more pratical so you dont need to sell

Filfan took the keys off me keyboard... just what i was writing mate. D7... let me know if you do decide to sell.  cheers, james 

Cheers guys,

That thought had crossed my mind but wasn't sure that would work with my playskool roll bar.

I had also thought about swapping my current wheel/tyre setup for a more 'all round' setup. ie. some harder compound tyres and use them for everything to save swapping wheels and tyres etc.

Strangely enough, the wife actually wants me to keep it as she thinks I will regret getting rid.  (I think she secretly like the fact that I don't use it as much as I'd like from a safety point of view.)

There's a supercharged vx220 coming up for sale locally soon for 11k which is what got me thinking initially... Selling the trailer and car wouldn't see me a million miles away so not too much money to add.  However, I then think that any money I would have to add would've gone some way to funding the sprints etc this year.

Rock and hard place comes to mind!

Chaz(powerslide) ran a supercharged VX for a while, a PM to him might give you the low down on living with one.

Might be worth PM'ing Greenstreak and having a chat; Andy has just bought another Westfield after selling his XE engined car a year or so ago to buy an Elise. A car he'd always had an itch to scratch for. And one I guess he thought he'd get more use from.

He's had that haunted "what've I done look" ever since and seem to regret it very quickly and really missed his Westfield. Hence buying another a couple of weeks ago.

While the VX/Lotus route does work for many, no question, it doesn't for all. Having a chat with Andy might help you get a bit of balance.

on the car front, is it a standard Type 9 box, or a modified. (BGH, Quaife, Tran X etc)

Thanks, I'll maybe pop him a pm.

That is the reason I've not done a for sale thread to be fair.  Worry that the grass isn't greener!

As far as I know I think it's a standard type 9.  Was swapped by previous owner as he sold the caterham 6 speed box before I could get my hands on it.  although, in fairness that would've made the car out of my budget as they are worth a small fortune!

• Like 1

Thought this car looked familiar and realised I had been looking at it all month above my desk at work on the club calendar LOL

Looks a nice car and good luck should you decide to part with it.