Poor guest

FILFAN

Flipping heck that's a nice collection you got there.

In "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish" by Douglas Adams, there is a character called Rob McKenna. He doesn't know it, but he's a Rain God. Wherever he is, rain falls.

You, guest, appear to be a Crash God. Wherever you go, crashes happen. I think your idea of moving to Australia is excellent. Not so keen on the year or so in the West Country though...

PS have you spent much time in Moscow?

In "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish" by Douglas Adams, there is a character called Rob McKenna. He doesn't know it, but he's a Rain God. Wherever he is, rain falls.

You, guest, appear to be a Crash God. Wherever you go, crashes happen. I think your idea of moving to Australia is excellent. Not so keen on the year or so in the West Country though...

PS have you spent much time in Moscow?

Hahaha

It must if been a development since I moved to Birmingham. I've never had a "collision" pre Birmingham, other than on the nurburgring (once) and in go karts! Unless you count my car that for stolen and ended up in the living room of they guy across the road!

I grew up in Somerset/Devon, lived a few years in Dorset, off to Rhine Region of Germany, Dorset again now Birmingham.

As for Moscow, I've driven across Paris, Rome and London... I could predict and make sense of the driving in those places. Birmingham is random! Been in traffic and had people pass me on the pavement! Many times had people flooring it down wrong side of road, up to red traffic lights to pull off faster than the other person and pull I front of them! Bus lanes... Should be called "cut in lanes" then if there's double red or double yellow lines the cars just park on the pavement! Seen "Buses Only" and double red lines with people parked there! Even seen a traffic warden stood by a car parked on double yellows with hazards on and when driver appeared the traffic warden turned round and walked off! No ticket! Not racist in anyway whatsoever, but seems other races are anti English, yet that's not counted as racist as "Only white people are racist!" Said someone unable to speak much English, but that came out perfectly.

As Filfan said, he thought I was whining, then he drove across a tame part and started this thread.

Never in my life have I seen three cars in the same wall on three separate days in a week! In fact I've only seen one or two collisions out of Birmingham... Well several on the M5 but I drove Birmingham to Plymouth every Friday and back up every Sunday for 18 months. One in A38 that was a atom in a field facing me and a wooden fence with a hole in it. Two ambulances with paramedics looking at it scratching their heads. Pretty sure contents was beyond resuscitation!

As said, every non brummie member of staff at work has been in at least one collision in their first year here. One girl's caused six collisions, been only vehicle in two others and been involved in another... So total of 9 collisions in 23 months.

As Filfan said, he thought I was whining, then he drove across a tame part and started this thread.

Never in my life have I seen three cars in the same wall on three separate days in a week! In fact I've only seen one or two collisions out of Birmingham... Well several on the M5 but I drove Birmingham to Plymouth every Friday and back up every Sunday for 18 months. One in A38 that was a atom in a field facing me and a wooden fence with a hole in it. Two ambulances with paramedics looking at it scratching their heads. Pretty sure contents was beyond resuscitation!

As said, every non brummie member of staff at work has been in at least one collision in their first year here. One girl's caused six collisions, been only vehicle in two others and been involved in another... So total of 9 collisions in 23 months.

Surely there has got to be a punchline to this ........somewhere ???

Well it's nothing to do with the facts...

Female

Young

Sixth car now, all written off with in five weeks... Even a hire car got totalled when the lamp post moved!

Been driving about 24 months, first accident was three weeks after getting her first car. She drove into a broken down bus "I thought it was moving"

Nurse

Two speeding fines, 42 in a 30 and 39 in a 30

Sure there's more. But her insurance, for a £1200 corsa, is £3,200 and excess of £2,500!!! I'd not bother driving.

some of those could probably be down to the recent frosty weather

also  seem to remember seeing something recent about driving test examiners being done for selling pass certificates accepting bribes :oops: 

Is that ibn your neck o the woods ?

No disrespect to you but i wouldn't blat with you as you seem to attract accidents, perhaps you are magnetic or just a jonah, either way i bet your ins co love you  ;)  :laugh:

Anyway if i was you i would move sooner than later :t-up:

No disrespect to you but i wouldn't blat with you as you seem to attract accidents, perhaps you are magnetic or just a jonah, either way i bet your ins co love you ;):laugh:

Anyway if i was you i would move sooner than later :t-up:

Every accident I've been stationary or cross on a crossing.

I was not Involved in any of the photographed events. It's just there area here, never seen anything like it anywhere else.

Never wanted to live here and been trying to get out for two years!!!

Mrs C in tin top driving at 15 mph approaching a speed bump had a white van with ladders on the roof flew past, shot over next speed bump and Mrs C said

"What a d1ck, what if we were crossing the road or if a kid was crossing the road?"

As the van took a right into a blind corner. As we drove passed the junction there he was nose to nose with someone driving out of the junction, both vehicles locked up and both vehicles were extremely lucky and stupid! That was junction where we were almost run over on Christmas Day (crossing a zebra crossing!) and where new railings are bent already!

some of those could probably be down to the recent frosty weather

also seem to remember seeing something recent about driving test examiners being done for selling pass certificates accepting bribes :oops:

Is that ibn your neck o the woods ?

Not from frosty stuff... Most cars are abandoned at the bottom of the hill!

I k ow of some people who have two lessons and a friend of a friend (kinda thing) takes them out and they pass straight away. I had a driving instructor doing a u-turn round a no u-turn bit. I had another one taking a right hand turn, so moved to right hand side of the road on a 2 way street! Then when I drove towards them the instructor reached across, hit the horn and start shouting and waving aggressively at me. So I edged closer and closer and shouted "do you know how to drive?". (Those two incidents were about 8 months ago and the same driving school.

A mate saw a learner driver doing about 10 in a 40, wobbling from side to side. Got behind them and could see (in their review mirror) that both had full head dress on and glasses! So couldn't see very well at all!

Been listening to the radio this morning, one resident in Somerset giving his account of 5 accidents on the same corner outside his house since Monday. Some people are attracted to or witness accidents all the time, glad I'm not one of them.

Every accident I've been stationary or cross on a crossing.

I was not Involved in any of the photographed events. It's just there area here, never seen anything like it anywhere else.

Never wanted to live here and been trying to get out for two years!!!

Got to say if i was you i would get myself a tank to run around in, it would be a bit safer  :d

Got to say if i was you i would get myself a tank to run around in, it would be a bit safer  :d

I came close to getting a monster'd defender 90! 4 inch risers and huge wheels.

Then I saw an armoured people carrier (432) at a local auction... That would work!