Getting in and out with a roof/hood on

KugaWestie

Seems to me that there should be a competion , compertition, compatition. oh b******* it contest at some future meeting when we have a decent gathering.

perhaps Le Mans after a few lemonade sherberts :)  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• alexander72

• Mark (smokey mow)

• s2rrr

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me that there should be a competion , compertition, compatition. oh b******* it contest at some future meeting when we have a decent gathering.

perhaps Le Mans after a few lemonade sherberts :)  

I'm thinking a LeMans start... :oops: First in, belted up and away is the winner :d

I'm thinking a LeMans start... :oops: First in, belted up and away is the winner :d

As above at Stoneleigh, with a lap round the field, first parked up, out and in the tent eating a pretzel wins a prize :laugh:

I'll make sure I have a full pint before settling into a comfy chair to watch :laugh:

Negotiate the half hood....do up harnesses....realise steering wheel is on the bonnet......undo harnesses........contort out from under half hood......trip and fall on face.....pick up wheel.........limbo under hood.........fix wheel......do up harnesses.......realise you can't reach the key....... :cry:  :d

Step one.

Buy waterproof motorcycle suit.

Step two.

Sorted

Step 3

Drive to Stoneleigh

Step 4

Realise tent isn't waterproof

Step 5

Spend day searching show for suitable materials

Step 6

Drink lots of beer

Step 7

Spend evening wrapping tent in bin bags and gaffa tape to keep dry :oops:

When I bought the car it started raining so they fitted the hood on when I was in the car. When we got to Sheffield I crawled out and across the pavement on all fours. 

The hood never ever went back on.

I was wondering when a vid would appear, I dread to think what would happed to the hood at speed, is it fixed to anything, I am over 6ft and can limbo in the odd occasion I have been caught in the rain.  I saw a big bloke unclip the drivers side screen clip, get in and refix from the inside, cheating but effective. :d  :d :d  Is it easier to get in one side than the other???????Brilliant, is this typical C******m talk. :arse:  :arse:  :arse:.  

There isnt a dignified way and your always going to look a complete to55er whenever you pull into the petrol station and crawl out on your hands & knees

Pot holing lessons might help :)

Oddly enough, caving is something I do a lot of. Definitely made getting in and out of the Westy with the hood up easier. If you have a passenger too, then you invariably have to get them ensconced first before contorting yourself in to the car. Never tried to drive the Westfield wearing a skirt. Doubt it is possible to get in or out without flashing my knickers, but then I'm not that elegant at the best of times. Remember a program on telly years ago about a posh Swiss finishing school, where they were taught how to get in and out of a Lotus Elise with a bit of decorum. Maybe we could get them over to Stoneleigh to run a Westfield clambering course!

Jenny

Now the car has no hood, so just jump in and slip down in to the seat. Easy!

There isnt a dignified way and your always going to look a complete to55er whenever you pull into the petrol station and crawl out on your hands & knees

Pot holing lessons might help :)

Oddly enough, caving is something I do a lot of. Definitely made getting in and out of the Westy with the hood up easier. If you have a passenger too, then you invariably have to get them ensconced first before contorting yourself in to the car. Never tried to drive the Westfield wearing a skirt. Doubt it is possible to get in or out without flashing my knickers, but then I'm not that elegant at the best of times. Remember a program on telly years ago about a posh Swiss finishing school, where they were taught how to get in and out of a Lotus Elise with a bit of decorum. Maybe we could get them over to Stoneleigh to run a Westfield clambering course!

Jenny

Now the car has no hood, so just jump in and slip down in to the seat. Easy!

LOL

If yer bum looks anything like your face in the avatar then please please dont ever wear a skirt in the Westy   :t-up::laugh:  :t-up:

Step 3 Drive to Stoneleigh Step 4 Realise tent isn't waterproof Step 5 Spend day searching show for suitable materials Step 6 Drink lots of beer Step 7 Spend evening wrapping tent in bin bags and gaffa tape to keep dry :oops:

lmao................. At least that was my Bro in Law and not me my tent was fine