All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. shrops-paul

15" Tyres for road use

Hmm. I think they are actually 7 or 7.5” as the width is not measured edge to edge according to this diagram.
  3. shrops-paul

15" Tyres for road use

Ok. Looking at the wheel they are 8” width from rim to rim (the widest part). I guess that means I cant put a 195 width tyre on them?
  4. Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary

Wirrai N/Wales Y Ddraig Goch. YDG 2019

Well thats the YDG done for another year, some fantastic new roads if not a little wet when we set off on Friday, we managed to dodge the rain, thanks to all who came along and especially to Jeff for a cracking route as usual......See you all again next year
  5. David_Thame

1.6 Ecoboost Conversion

I managed to get my speed sensor on the front with a slightly heath robinson affair 🙂 Not the usual speed sensor but this type is needed for the SCS ECU Also just made a pedal cover out of one of my wifes plastic filing boxes, gave it the "just welded" look with some Voodoo glue
  6. Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO

Boot box lid required.

Does anyone have a boot box lid that they no longer require. I don’t need the frame. Chrome yellow ideally, but other colours considered.
  7. Today
  8. Plays-Kool

Aim mxs info thread

That was down to me as I asked where were the connections to wire these up, as they were so prominently on display in their pictures!
  9. Thought i would give this a bump after the magazine came out with the information attached for those who havent seen this post. any more takers to make this happen. @John is it still only the 7 participants currently? cheers
  10. Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

Aim mxs info thread

Which isn’t as good in reality as it appears. I tried that one and ditched it as it was not really useable with the dials being too small to read the figures displayed around the perimeter.
  11. jeff the joiner

Wirrai N/Wales Y Ddraig Goch. YDG 2019

How did the cow s--- get on the inside of the half hood and all over the passenger seat?
  12. TableLeg

15" Tyres for road use

Both MrTyres and Oponeo have them in stock. https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&one_size=195|50||15&Speed=&Marke=Toyo&profil=Proxes+R1R&ranzahl=4&search_tool=standard&rsmFahrzeugart=&tyre_for=PKW&suchen=Search+for+tyres https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre/toyo-r1r
  13. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

15" Tyres for road use

Absolutely.
  14. Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO

15" Tyres for road use

Yep, I had T1Rs the moved to 195 R1Rs on 15*7" rims. I liked the T1Rs - But R1Rs definitely far better, and I've used them for everything (wet winter drives / tours / track days / sprinting) If you're a blatting in all weathers person, 195 will aqua plane less than 205 but you probably wouldn't notice any better grip with 205 in dry.
  15. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

15" Tyres for road use

R1Rs are a superb tyre for a road use Westfield that see's all weathers, yet still gets "enjoyed". I've yet to find an all rounder that's as good.
  16. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Aim mxs info thread

A disclaimer appeared on most of the sites I looked at earlier in the year regarding images. When I bought mine, it was worse still, as the "artists impressions" ie mockups, were also showing left and right indicator warning lamps on the upper left and right corners, either side of the shift lights. Again, one of the elements that really sold it. That was the first of the pictures to get taken down.
  17. Team_Awesome

Thames Valley Orienteering Event

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf) 2. Tim Reid (TimDave25) 3. Chris Newman 4. Alan France 5. Martin 123 and my mate Spence who owns my old westie but isnt working, as co- pilot 6. The Turtles 7. Steve T 8. Neptune 9. John Rusher 10. Andy Banks 11. Scarey 12. Madrabbit 13. Marlow_simon 14. JJHLawson 15. Chris Brading 16. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid) 17. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid) 18. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid) 19. Andy Henley and co-driver I've had to remove myself due to working away.
  18. shrops-paul

15" Tyres for road use

Hmm. Thanks. I'll go mearure the rim width (rather than the fitted tyres) after work. Regarding T1R's - ive used them happily in the past on my Impreza's and they were always the go-to tyre for that comunity. However ive been advised that they are not as suitable for the westfield by various members. If I can get away with 195 then Ive heard very good things about the R1R's which is why I was trying to get a set.
  19. Steve (sdh2903)

Aim mxs info thread

You were right dave.😡 "You can only get the icon display line at the bottom on the one display option at the moment see attached But we are going to be releasing some new ones soon like the one you have shown me" very dissapointing as yet again Aim shoot themselves in the foot. I've replied asking why on every single Aim site shows the page I want along with a statement of being "fully configurable" when clearly untrue, funny enough they've gone all quiet. Looks like yet another dashboard reconfig is needed as I much prefer the 2 analogue dial page.
  20. Nick Mace

Tank build thread.

Now there's a good film; and "Oddball" is a wonderful character. I hope there aren't any 'negative waves' on this build!
  21. CraigHew

15" Tyres for road use

you probably can't see/feel/notice the 10mm difference anyway...
  22. Rhett - Joint Black Country AO

15" Tyres for road use

I've got R1Rs 195 on front and 205 on the back, only went 205 on the rear because I couldn't get 4 195s at the time.
  23. BigSkyBrad

15" Tyres for road use

I've now got Uniroyal Rainsport-3 in 205/50-15. Competent road tyre, great wet tyre - to me they made sense here in soggy Scotland. Really shoving it through corners shows up their limit, but as a good all-rounder, I'm more than happy. Quick google has them around £60, and plenty of glowing reviews online convinced me to give them a go.
  24. CraigHew

New Owner

Nice car, As already suggested, change the oil and oil filter. I'd also check the tyre pressures too and ensure they're below 20psi. Other than than get stuck in...!
  25. Kevin C

14" Wheels

Hi Dicky 1105 I’m interested in the 5 new 14” wheels and tyres .... have you got all of the centre caps ?
  26. Steve (sdh2903)

15" Tyres for road use

Dreadful tyres for westfields Imo. If its 205 50 15 you need then not much choice. Yokohama do one iirc. If 195 will fit theres loads of choice. I've gone for some decent normal ish road tyres this time in Michelin pilot sport ps3s. Cheap as chips and will cope better with wet conditions than some of the semi slicks
  27. Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

15" Tyres for road use

Fine on 7” rims.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.