All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. clansman

Clan McWesty Braemar run 14 July

Sorry won't make this one either as doing something else in the car on the 14th
  3. Yesterday
  4. nice_guy

A respectable Granny

So I routed the backplate based on my assembled 3D printed template. With a woodworking router and bearing bit. Like a knife in hot butter. No filing required. Happy with the result. Round circles, holes aligned, fits perfect. A bit surpised, but hey, I won't complain when things go according to plan. The C shaped thingy is the "nut holder, allowing me to bolt the plate to the carbs. Not a lot of torque transmitted, but enough to tigthen the plate. Got 4 of them, screw the top nut, the bottom, hidden one falls in front of the hole. (1.5mm floppy alloy) The grid has not been kind with my prints, power glitches ruining 3 nine hours attempts and a significant length of good petg filament. (layer shifted by an inch or so) Beside the obvious defect, layer adhesion and resulting object was perfect. As PETG is a bit finicky regarding glue, I added a thin (1mm) inner lip to have overlap on the objects. Will help assembly and give more surface for superglue to perform its magic. I also beefed up a tad the fillet on the lower side (+1mm) in order to have a sturdier profile to seeal with the backplate thanks to sticky foam. Will still cover it in fiber, just to be on the safe side of heat and vibrations...
  5. Mark Tearney

Exhaust advice needed.

Although i did manage to get it to fit i had another link pipe made up. The original one was made up at a 16 degree angle as per the jig they have, i measured the angles and now have a replacement one made up at 6 degrees..and weather permitting i will be fitting this tomorrow. Hopefully this should be the last time it has to come off...🤔 Next up will be the clutch!
  6. Hornet600

Duratec Water Pump O Ring

Yup that looks like the correct one to me....
  7. Steve (sdh2903)

Ebay buyer criteria rant.

Yes that was the thought I had too. But it's quite a big car breaker company and they have over 4000 feedback (all positive of course ). I was just shocked by it. 16 years buying on Ebay and never had it before.
  8. aeg

Peak District Run Out,Sun 23rd June, Matlock 10.30

Oh what a small world it is ! @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO At least Tracy got past the Z3 and SLK before Matlock, but she did wave and smile when we past her later ( friendly folk in the peak district😉)
  9. Andy_R

Cobra 427 Build

A while back in this thread you mentioned about not getting many responses to your posts ... as you know from the Cobra forum I'm soon to be a proud owner of my very own and one of the reasons was this build diary. Can't wait to see this beast when it's finished!
  10. BCF

Sounds like you're best off well away from them Steve, sounds like the sort of seller that's expecting bad feedback!!
  11. darve

MX5 Mazda SDV Sump Baffle

I'll have one of these Mark Folded would be good No rush
  12. MrMgoo

IVA 8th March

Hi @Rich201060, how long did it take to get the number plate and able to drive yours once you'd passed the IVA and sent off your forms? Got my IVA tomorrow and looking forward to driving her
  13. Steve (sdh2903)

I'm sorted elsewhere now (where I'm allowed ) but did think about getting the mrs to buy the cheapest item on their shop and leave them bad feedback. But then had a beer and thought sod em!!
  14. BigSkyBrad

Clan McWesty Braemar run 14 July

Short of pestilence, we're planning to do this run. Would be really nice if you could arrange nice weather this time, last year was a bit cold and soggy!
  15. Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

@aeg the blue MG that you were following when you were coming to meet us (overtook the slow car when the Z3 wouldn't) was Tracy from the Burton Car Club and she snapped you too. Stolen off facebook, what a small world we live in.
  16. litcoat

Caption competition

It's good to see that hypocrisy isn't dead
  17. KugaWestie

Cobra 427 Build

Things still need tidying up a bit
  18. David-hrv

Clan McWesty Fort Augustus 7 July

It's the gate house to Ardverikie Castle, which was Glen Bogle in the Monarch of the Glen tv series. The gate house was seen in several episodes. Hope you enjoy your stay Chris. I'll bring along a spare alternator:-) I'm ok for the run on the 7th. We're back from holiday the day before, so fingers crossed that the car starts!
  19. Trevturtle

Cobra 427 Build

All good reading.. Thanks keep it comimy.
  20. Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

Wilwood Compact Remote Reservoir Brake Master Cylinder

Wilwood Compact Remote Reservoir Brake Master Cylinder 0.625 Brand new (fitted but removed as wrong size for my application). £40 posted within UK.
  21. Stu Faulkner

Cobra 427 Build

It’s starting to get a bit busy under that bonnet.
  22. KugaWestie

Cobra 427 Build

After the radiator alterations and revised mounting location/angle, the position of the bottom hose had changed so I needed a different angle of bend. This bend arrived today, so I have now fitted the coolant tank and refitted the cooling system. This meant I could restart the car and bleed the system. This is good news as now I can manoeuvre the car around under its own power. The the tank is not the highest point on the system but this doesn’t matter as I have a bleed off point at the highest point in the top hose.
  23. Kevin Pullen - WSCC Treasurer

What was it let someone else buy it for you then leave a statement reflecting your experience with them
  24. Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

Lovely pictures there Andy, oh to be sat outside the pub now with the cars, dream dream Anyhow, Tracey from The Burton Car Club snapped us on our way home through Matlock Bath, so I have thieved it off facebook and posted it here. There were lots and lots and lots of motobikes there.
  25. Andy (Sycho)

Cider King new build diary

Some basic settings here @Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight http://www.manikllc.com/manuals/Westfield_Sport_1800Q_-_Build_Manual-2000-01.pdf
  26. Steve (sdh2903)

Made an offer on an item on Ebay and it was declined (fair dos it was a bit low) went to make a second bid and it came up with a message that the buyer will not accept any more offers from me. Weird never seen that before so messaged the seller (a business). Get a reply stating I dont meet the criteria to buy from them! Further digging reveals they wont sell anything to me because I have left 1 neutral and 1 negative feedback over a year ago. I could understand if I had a low feedback score or no feedback (over 1000 feedback at 100%) but I find that ridiculous they can do that. If I was a punter off the street or over the phone they wouldn't be able to 'vet' me (their words, they vet all their buyers) I was quite happy to avoid the seller and go elsewhere but really ended up quite annoyed and wondered if what they were doing was legal or not? In effect they only want customers who leave good feedback. Not those who have good feedback left for them. bl**** Ebay
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.