Boardroom Searches

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Sadly the Boardroom's search engine has been a bit poorly for some years now. A lot of the time it will get you what you want, but it does have an annoying habit of only returning results pre  2006 if you try to search the whole "back catalogue".

(There is a helpful thread in the FAQ here explaining how to use the Boardroom's search)

But for anyone having trouble with the built in option, you can use an ordinary search engine like Google to find stuff in the Boardroom, which also means you can use it's whizzier search functions, like viewing images as the result, or making more complicated terms to search for.

Of course if you just stick "Zetec oil pressure" into Google, you'll get every website, newsgroup etc that's ever used those words. So what you can do is limit the Google search to just the Boardroom.

All you need to do is either in a Google tool bars search box, or in the Google main page's search box enter the following:

site:http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk Zetec

This will search for all mentions of the word Zetec on the Boardroom and ignore the rest of the world.  ;)

If you wanted to make sure your results included the words Zetec, oil and pressure (in any order), you'd type:

site:http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk "Zetec oil pressure"

into the search bar. The quotes "" mean that all the words between them MUST appear in the results. (No quotes means that any posting that happens to have either Zetec, oil or pressure or any combination of the three will be returned).

Apologies if this is "sucking eggs" to everyone, just though it might help a few!  :oops:

Top tip mate, hadn't ever considered that, will defo use it! :t-up:

I still use the "define" parameter in Google when some :arse: uses a £5 word I've never heard of and need a definition, as in:

define: antidisestablishmentarianism

Lots of Google goodies people don't know about. :t-up:

Consider myself relatively internet-savvy and didn't know that tip - cheers!

or you could just enter"Blatman to the boardroom please" ;)

He's been AWOL since 15 September for some reason... ???

back in jail........ again  :oops:  :laugh:

What, he lost his appeal over that rioting conviction in London when he was caught looting the local Currys Superstore? :devil:

Oh, hang on, scratch that...

He lost his appeal decades ago! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Alas he's been dragged back to the Bastille by the French Rozzers  :down:

18770.jpeg

:p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Couldn't fit his surname on the plate, I see...!

Couldn't fit his surname on the plate, I see...!

Ouch  :0  :D  :D  :D

my mum always used to say "you learn something new everyday"... I think I learn a years worth on here! Cheers gogoGadget  :t-up:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: