2007 Chrome Yellow Seiw Stage 3 Pinto - Advance Warning

jonclancy

Hi All,

If I were in a position to have two toys, this ad would not be necessary. But... I seem to have acquired the Eleven that I have been after for years... and years. :love:

I was lucky enough to bridge the cash for the Eleven until NEXT August, so I am in no hurry to sell. But there is only so much goodwill I can hope for from Mrs C until she decides to test a new shoe polishing technique (her shoe, my backside).

Without any more ado, here it is:

My 2007 SEiW in Chrome Yellow with a Stage 3 2.1 Pinto, MT75 box, XR rear end and JKs.

The car is very much as first advertised by Stu here:

http://forum.wscc.co...westfield-seiw/

Except: I have had the car professionally set up and corner weighted by Dave Gallop at Track Developments (and a bleeding good job he did as well - a huge improvement = supple handling and better balance. As chuckable as I would want!). I have also had a session on the dyno at Circuit Motors and have booked one final session in mid Feb to fine tune the set up and provide a power print out. I have also changed the lenses to clear (where I can), but will include the originals too.

The car has a gel racing battery and conditioner/charger and that is included, as is a spare Oz alloy and spare wheel mounting. The other spares in Stu's ad are not available.

I MOT'd the car yesterday and (apart from the number-plate bulb), it sailed through. I will tax it for 12 months in early February, prior to the rolling road session.

Price will reflect what I have spent - it's an excellent car (not perfect, but very excellent). There are a few minor jobs to complete (rear deck template, brake fluid change, seat adjustment if you need it etc.), but it is ready to go.

A complete head-turner (and unsurprising that really, because this car looks FAB in Chrome Yellow), I will be very sad to see her go. But, the 1950s are calling. I'm reaching for my pi55pot lid and oily face and will be asking around £8K for this great car.

Price is TBN when I sit down after the RR session and work the numbers. I'll feel it'll be a fair price to sell this car for the (very) reasonable price I paid, plus improvements. I've had some interest from a couple of parties so far - thanks very much guys - but open the floor to all this time.

Here's a taster, and the reason why she has to go:

th_CIMG2032mod.jpg

th_CIMG2033mod.jpg

th_CIMG2037mod.jpg

CLICK ME for a link to a few more pics for viewing.

This car will be available mid-Feb onwards. If you fancy doing the tuning yourself, it'll be available now by negotiation. Test drives as a passenger only (unless you are fully comp on this car), and subject to weather (not in the rain, but cold is A-OK).

Thanks for looking!

Jon

PS Where is the tongue smiley on the smiley options?? You know, the one with the crossed-eyes and tongue out? th_tounge.gif

I forgot to mention that I have driven a mere 608 miles in this car. This was due entirely to poor timing (two winters and a late-spring double hip replacement :oops: ). I'll add some decent photos and more information in a couple of weeks, but please PM or email me if you have any questions, or post them here.

I have saved previous postings here that detail the excellent work Stu did on the car - I can burn them onto a CD for interested parties, or if you give me a few days, I will try to search them out and post them here. The old direct links are a bit tricky with the new forum!

Thanks!

Ah, I remember that car now; an exceptionally well modified/built Westfield. Lovely car.

Thanks!! Yes, the attention to detail is excellent. I wish it was my work... :love:

Stu is an aircraft engineer, and it shows in his work!

Mind you, can see why you've been tempted to change. :yes::cool: Beautiful, beautiful car.

Yes, it is. Totally different from the SEiW rip-snorter. I've yet to drive her, but did get her running yesterday.

I hope the snow goes before mySEiW rolling road session, or that'll be cancelled. I won't drive it on gritted roads (not that Combe is that far from here).

• 1 month later...

Car now sold and headed East.

Many thanks, Jim!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.