N455PCN

Notanumber

I know it's a long shot but I bought this car about a year ago and am trying to find out it's history.

I can confirm the engine is sweet, well it was last night at knockhill, but I would love to know the actual engine spec.

A search of the archives shows a thread on the car back in 2005. Unfortunately the links contained are now dead.

The cat C inducing fire could not have been much as I have the original bonnet and it is barely marked.

The reference to the engine builders as Nottingham sports cars was a dead end, any other suggestions from that area?

If Potster, Gazza, Boomy or 'the irv' who all contributed to the original thread is reading this, any info you can remember would be appreciated.

Input from any other previous owners would be equally welcome.

Cheers

Bob

I found your thread from a while back regarding the rev limit, is this one of your primary concerns?

Because basically your rev limit is where valve bounce starts..... The crossflow is a pretty solid beast at the bottom end.

Mine is stage 2 head, BLF22 cam, 1300 pistons, standard valve springs with bounce starting at 6300rpm, approx 130bhp.

If you have a rolling road printout, you'll see very quickly where it's limits are and any tech worth his salt will note down where valve bounce begins.

Thanks for the advice, I am new to cross flows but have raced classic bikes for a few years and am familiar with valve bounce, up to now I have been keeping to a rev limit of 6K.

My renewed interest in the engine spec is following a reverse direction Knockhill track night last night.

The only way to keep in the power band up Duffus dip ( Duffus rise??) was to rev to 7K in second before selecting third, no sign of valve bounce and after total of 40 laps, longest session 10 laps, the motor was still sweet.

I am not planning to make a habit of revving the daylights out the motor but would dearly like to know what is inside.

I'll be following your suggestion and a rolling road session is on the cards, as is a rev limiter!

sounds amazing.... i think you might be my long lost twin.....  :d   glad your cross flow is mighty!!!

Thanks for the advice, I am new to cross flows but have raced classic bikes for a few years and am familiar with valve bounce, up to now I have been keeping to a rev limit of 6K.

My renewed interest in the engine spec is following a reverse direction Knockhill track night last night.

The only way to keep in the power band up Duffus dip ( Duffus rise??) was to rev to 7K in second before selecting third, no sign of valve bounce and after total of 40 laps, longest session 10 laps, the motor was still sweet.

I am not planning to make a habit of revving the daylights out the motor but would dearly like to know what is inside.

I'll be following your suggestion and a rolling road session is on the cards, as is a rev limiter!

You have a decent rolling road just down the hill in Rosyth - Simon at Sitech.

Cheers,

Matt