Hi from a new owner

Notanumber

Hi all

In November I became the proud owner of my first Westfield. It required great sacrifice, the Kawasaki and Ducati have been demoted to a shed and probably will never talk to me again.

After much deliberation I decided to go for a narrow bodied 1700 Ford crossflow, narrow bodied because I am not big and my other bikes take up the other half of the garage, crossflow, because I like them.  It's an age thing.

In the last 3 weeks I have racked up 500 miles, starting with a wet trip up from the Borders (no hood) followed by some freezing trips around the hills and it's been a hoot. I'd forgotten that 4 wheels could actually be so much fun.

Now for the daft newbie questions

• Does anyone have any background on N455 PCN? green with yellow nosecone.
  • I am looking to go a little retro in look so, is anyone looking to swap their 13 inch wheels and tyres for my 15 inch? I have a set of unmarked TSW alloys with as new 195/45 Uniroyal rainsport tyres. Minilites with 185/70s would be nice.
  • Still on the retro theme, does anyone have a set of clamshell wings for sale?
  • Any wet weather gear for sale?
  • Anything planned at Knockhill next Year?
  • Last, real novice, question. My rockerbox is marked "1700 supersprint" I thought this was a Caterham designation, does it give any clue to engine tune? The motor is sweet, tractable at low revs but pulling strong from 4K and sounds awesome from 5K upwards.

I'll be joining the club and look forward attending some events next year.

be seeing you

Bob

Welcome Bob, sounds like a really nice car. The crossflow is one of the nicest engines for a 7 type car. Of course modern engines with twin overhead cams can produce more but the good old crossflow is still popular so there must be something about it.

The Lotus 7 Club borders area is (was) very active and the AO has (had) a Westfiled. I haven't been in touch for about 6 years so things may have changed. Details are HERE.

According to someone I knew (now deceased) the Borders is one of the dries areas in the UK. He lived near Newcastletown and the roads are really good for serious blatting.

Welcome :)

Sounds like a great car - someone will be along soon with some history no doubt.

Your Local Area is scotland@wscc.co.uk, drop them a quick email if they have not got to you first ;)

Once you sign up you'll have free reign to post in the for sale and wanted forums for thos extra bits.

Great in green :)

Saw some minilites on eBay item number 111235341691

9 days to go

Welcome aboard

Andy

Hi Bob from down sarf.      13" wheels are what most people are going for these days, there will be a lot of 15" wheels for sale on this forum, turned full circle wheel sizing has.

Hi Bob got a pair of swept wings in British Racing Green in the loft of my garage which you are more than welcome to.

Arrange to pick them up or try WSCC courier service and they are yours.

I am in West Yorkshire.

Bob have you missed a digit on that number? all I'm getting is number not obtainable!!

Welcome to the club. :t-up:

Quick google search on the reg no gets this:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/33648-for-sale-n455-pcn/

Not much, but somewhere to start on the history.

.. and after a cracking trackday up at knockhill this year, I would think there'll be a gathering at some point there in 2014. :cool:

Andrew

Thanks for the link.

It's the same car. The fire was in 2005 and the car has been on the road continuous for the last 8 years.

The seller was upfront about the history and provided the original bonnet, with only light paint blistering supporting the suggestion that the damage was minimal.

I was happy enough to go ahead on the information provided and a thorough inspection and test drive.

Now that I have had some quality time with the car, it's better than I ever expected.

What I'd really like to know is the engine spec. It just wants to rev, I am imposing a rev limit based on Burton's rev limit for a standard bottom end but with the actual spec I might be a little more enthusiastic with the right foot!

I'll follow up the Nottingham clue.

I'm local to knockhill so if I can be of help with setting up an event next year I'd be glad to get involved.

Be seeing you.

Bob

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum!

01383 looks like a (south) Fife number to me - roughly whereabouts are you? The Scottish contingent are a pretty active bunch, although we're quiet at the moment with everyone gearing up for Christmas.

I envisage that we'll be holding a regional meet at either Pirnhill or Halbeath, early next year to agree a calendar of blats for 2014! We regularly meet up with the Borders7s members for blats about the Borders. Team McWesty have an annual weekend run up to Applecross during the third week in June so clear your diary! ;-)

Rab

Hahaha  :d  

Bob, welcome to the mad house, that must be a record for the fastest infection of upgraditis ever  :t-up: