It's not just women!

tightscot

You know when you get fixated on a problem......

Can't see the woods for the trees?

Was having oil spewing from the dipstick, maybe crank breather problem. Out on a test run, car completely bogs down, packs in. Manage to run over my own foot, now on crutches. Several posts seeking advice.

Go out today to examine engine..... Here's the best bit ......... Have you figured it out yet?

No fuel in fuel filter......, you've guessed it, Cretin of the Year Award goes to yours truly. I'd ran out of fuel.

Feel free to scoff and ridicule, my wife is having a field day.

hahahahah run out of fuel.... nice one. i bet you feel like a right plonka now. :) at least its a easy (but not cheap) fix!

You're not the only one. I have a pile of crap in the tractor fuel tank. To get the tank out means taking the cab off so I just undo a pipe and give it a blow job when it clogs up. It clogged up just before lunch, I walked back to the garage and got 2 spanners. Turn off tap, undo pipe, wipe end, blow hard, hear the plop as it clears. Put pipe back on and start up to carry on. It's just about running, and getting slower. I suspect it's blocked again so head for the garage. Roll the last 50 metres. Remove pipe and no fuel,.......

,..... then turn the tap on and out it flows.

Pillock!

Gordon, it's not just you - we all do dumb stuff.  Here's one of my blunders I admitted to a couple of years ago:

Dipstick :durr::bangshead::d