• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

1983 Ford Capri, Metalic Green

scruffythefirst

Well the time has come to sell the capri - Got a new job with a much bigger commute so its got to go.  I've been using it as a runabout and fun car as I used to be able to walk to work.  

Car is just south of cambridge, looking for offers around £1900, but it owes me so much more.  PM me and i'll send you a phone number.

Its a 1.6L in metalic green, bodywork is good for its age, but has a few dings and the odd rust spot to sort out on the wheel arch lips etc. Its a good little car,  I was going to drop a 24v in but a hot pinto would be dead easy, all the other mods you need are already there to make it a really quick car.

The Good bits -

MOT till may 07 and some tax.

Insurance is cheap, with all mods declared it costs me £200 a year and I'm only 24.

All the mods have only done a few thousand miles, if that.

Avo adjustable shocks all round

Lowered and stiffened front springs, 1" lowering blocks on rear.

Polybushed front suspension

Rear ARB polybushed and I have the bushes to do the rest of the rear (will come with the car).

24mm 2.8i front ARB

New front wheel bearings

280mm capri sport front brake upgrade and new master cylinder - groved and drilled cosworth discs and mondeo calipers

2.8i half leather recaros, doorcards etc, some wear but very comfy.

2.8i clocks (I think - millage is most likely wrong)

New battery

Just had new points, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, condensor.

Satin black headlight surrounds and debadged grille

4 nearly new Yokohama A539 on 15" minlites, can also come with a set of steels or dymag alloys (will need spacers), both with good tyres.

I think it might have an uncracked dash as there isn't any obvious but I'm not sure.

The front doorcards have custom fiberglass pods moulded on for decent speakers

Good stereo, details on request.

The bad Bits

It needs a wash!

Some of the lower dash has been removed for me to fit the stereo wiring, its all there and can be put back if required.

As mentioned above, the bodyworks not mint, but its not bad and all the wings are solid, just a few little surface spots here and there.

Theres been some welding to the floorpan and inner sills recently but I expect it to pass an MOT without too many problems.

One of the hubs appears to be slightly warped, leading to brake judder.  I've been living with it as the brakes stop the car really well, but another hub will be included with the car, just needs turning down on a lathe and re-fitting.

I haven't had time to re-trim the door pods, or re-fit the passenger arm rest so they look a bit tatty, sounds nice though.

Engine runs well but its a bit slow!

Passenger mirror fell off when It got clipped by a van and I havent had time to replace it.

Image005.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nooooo not the Capri. Sell the Dax, you might even get over £1900 for it.

Seriously, this should make a good buy for someone - quick pinto or zetec swap and you're away.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.