Courier for bodytub

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

Has anyone used a courier to move a std bodytub from one end of the country to the other?

the tub Is 2700 x 1150 x 600 high, that's to big for parcel2go, so they direct you to national pallets, their biggest pallet is 1200 x 1000, that would mean a overhang of about 900mm each end, is that a goer? Or are we looking at too much risk?

the tub is well braced, I can pick it up quite easily at the ballance point, but would you trust a courier?

any advice welcome.

ta

paul.

As a worker in the courier business for nearly two decades, NO!!!

It's odds on to arrive with some damage and their fall back will be "it wasn't properly packaged for transport". Packing it for transport is an impractical proposition for a fibreglass tub so it's rock/hard place...

It's fragile enough that it would have to be the only thing on the van and that puts costs up. Put it in a 7.5 tonner with other deliveries and something will fall on it or get dragged past it or the pallet truck will roll in to it or... well I could go on. If it was me I'd bite the bullet and rent a big Merc sprinter or a luton with a tail lift.

Cheers Blatters, just what I thought, I feel a plan B coming on.

Get yer bike out and strap it on yer back 

• Haha 1

Plan B 

Cut it into letter box size pieces and post it enclosing a  tube of uhoo  :)