LIDL - tools on offer

MattV

Aye, mine hadn’t seen any contaminants either, and hadn’t even in use long when it blew.

Lidl doing an electronic oil extraction pump. Just purchased one for gearbox after adding wrong oil to type 9, although haven't tried it yet. Got to worth a go at £13.

2 hours ago, Colsum said:

Lidl doing an electronic oil extraction pump. Just purchased one for gearbox after adding wrong oil to type 9, although haven't tried it yet. Got to worth a go at £13.

I bought one from them a year or so ago and it works a treat. It might leave a little in the sump, but draining in the usual way does too and this allows you to do an oil change so quickly that you won't be so tempted to put it off. The only car of the several in the family that it is not suitable for is my diesel X-Type because I have to remove the under tray to access the filter so it's the work of a moment to remove the drain plug too. Westfield filter is accessible, as is my Z3, son's Z4 and son's RS4. It might be a bit slower on gear oil I suppose...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Whatever the cause, an exploding trap sounds nasty.

One of the reasons Id I don't work in an office anymore. You need full PPE if you head in there after the morning coffee.

• Haha 1