Carbon fibre cycle wing underseal

Scotty72

Waiting for delivery of some carbon fibre cycle wings from carbon-nv to replace the plastic ones that i destroyed at donington. What have people been using to coat/cover the insides? I'm thinking along the lines of reducing the noise of stones/debris hitting the inside. What is the felt stuff that is fitted to tin top production cars?

• Haha 1

Didn't fit anything to mine & haven't noticed any problems, they still look as good as the day I put them on unlike the plastic ones that didn't last five minutes.

As for that stuff they fit to tintops it may reduce noise but it hold all the crap & mud so I wouldn't bother with it, plus it's extra weight which deflects the carbon:nope:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Waiting for delivery of some carbon fibre cycle wings from carbon-nv to replace the plastic ones that i destroyed at donington. What have people been using to coat/cover the insides? I'm thinking along the lines of reducing the noise of stones/debris hitting the inside. What is the felt stuff that is fitted to tin top production cars?

The stones pinging of the front of your rear arches will make more noise :p

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CosKev said:

If you run a aeroscreen the stones hitting your forehead are the biggest worry!! :)

Nonsense. It’s the bumble bees that sting :d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Nonsense. It’s the bumble bees that sting :d

LOL,poor bumblers :angry: