Helmet intercoms

Weekend Warrior

now I've gone to aeroscreen and me and my passenger are helmeted up what's the best [value } commas system out there  ?

Can they be switched from helmet to helmet ,I've 3 regular passengers with different sized heads 

I can recommend these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-1200M-Interphone-BT-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-/372131019990?hash=item56a4bcbcd6

You can buy individually or in sets of 2, 3, 4 etc. The ear pieces are held in by velco self adhesive pads and the receiver clips onto the rim of the helmet with a clamp fastened with an allen key. So you can transfer from lid to lid. They work very well and have a great range for car to car comms too. Only downside when using with 3 or more sets is bike 1 can talk to bike 2 or bike 3. But bike 2 and bike 3 can't talk to each other. Messages have to be passed via bike 1. But still great value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm the quality of them, having borrowed a spare pair of Ian’s headsets when we went on our travels earlier this year.

I had a brief look afterwards, it seems the being able to talk to all headsets thing is one of the key differences between the amazing value for money head sets in Ian’s link and some of the much more expensive ones.

Plus one for IanK's recommendation, if you search helmet intercom in the search function you'll find a few threads on the topic. I found these a few years ago based on the same question as yours and since quite a few have bought them and reported positively. There are now several variations on eBay, finding one with a good helmet/seatbelt/jacket clip is key.

I have an autocomm system wired into the car. It gives me the option of headphones or helmet and can also take 2 audio inputs with priority. So i can listen to music and have pmr radio interrupt the music when needed between me and other cars when in convoy.

Just bought these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-FM-Headset-800M-X-2/252177845680?epid=1840622294&hash=item3ab6f88db0:g:yq8AAOSw6dNWTaTQ

For the money they are superb £30 delivered for a pair, spare Velcro pads, included easy to fit, easy to use, built in FM radio, intercom and Bluetooth connection to phone for sat nav, calls and music streaming

• Like 1

Excellent. I've seen others using these successfully, however they won't pair to mine :cry: