Clan McWesty: Oh Oban! 23rd JULY 2017

Rab (bombero) Reid

I'm not going to make this run tomorrow :cry::cry::cry: Family commitments have arisen that I can't put off .. gutted!!

Looks like it's going to be decent weather on the route too .. enjoy, stay safe, and someone take some pics please! 

See you all at Kilmahog tomorrow!

Dave.

• Like 2

Hello all.  Have just spotted that this is on. Hope you don't mind me jumping in last minute but as I'm not far south of Oban I'm going to head up in the Megabird and try to meet up with you all at the lunch stop point at Connel. This will be the first Club meet I'll have attended.  I'll aim for midday-ish. Looks like the weather is going to be fab today!  Cheers. Michael 

• Like 2

Welcome and see you there Michael!

Matt

• Like 1

Cracking run yesterday and great to catch up with everyone. Think I'd covered around 290 miles and, amazingly, no rain until I backed the car into the garage at home. Ta to Dave L for the photos - you can see the scenery we were driving through for most of the day - fantastic!

Great to meet Michael and his wife for lunch and thanks for their 'local' knowledge on the section south of Oban to Lochgilphead. That's not a road I'm familiar with but certainly needs to be included more in our outings - as does the whole area. Bit busy on the main roads but considering it's the holiday season and a Sunday, there were some brilliant fast, twisty sections with very little traffic.

We really are spoiled in this part of the world with some of the roads we have - very accessible, fairly quiet and great scenery, combined with a great bunch of folk - ideal Westy country! :) 

• Like 2

Fantastic day out.  It was certainly a day that we appeared never to be far away from the rain, but never under it (at least for the meeting and run - not sure about the return legs for the guys heading south!) as you can maybe tell from the two photies attached ... one of a slightly more sedate means of west coast transport.

Route and roads were fantastic - I've never even been on the Oban - Lochgilphead road before.  

Good to meet you all and thanks especially for popping up at the roadside for the photos, Dave!

Iain

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

• Like 4