MX-5 Mk 1 wanted

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

MX-5 Mk1 wanted, dare I say, not a rusty one. 

Have a look on auto trader Julie loads depends how far you want to travel

& budget.....

MK1s are anywhere between few hundred to 5/6 K !!!!

Mk2 the way to go

image.jpeg

I know someone who probably wants to sell their eunos 1.6 in Essex, can put you in touch. 

I've fettled it a couple of times and looked in good shape to me

PM if you would like details

Mk2 are a better car but don't look anywhere near as cool and are worse than Mk1's for rust (IE front chassis legs). The MX5 Nutz For Sale page on Facebook often has some looked after enthusiast examples, although they're often modified.

Thanks for the advice guys. I travelled 2 hours to Wigan the other day to look at a car. It turned out that the car was not for me, but I got some experience of what not to buy. I just missed a car in Doncaster as they had sold it that morning. They had a wreck in the workshop that looked interesting. I could see that the bodywork was sound, although it was missing a wing and a roof. Once they tickle it up I will return if it is the right price.

The car on MX5 nutz looks good and I have contacted the seller, it is in Barnsley so it's not too far to go, Essex is a bit far, and Smeg £umpteen thousand pounds is a bit pricey :d.

Great response, thanks and keep the advice coming,

Julie

Turbo'd track slag?

On 04/03/2017 at 23:33, paul gibney said:

Mk2 the way to go

Agree with Paul.

Stiffer chassis. Better value.

CleaR (AdamR) for suspension, then BLiNK for engine 'optimisation' :devil:

You can get a six speed on the mk2 as well, although the 5 speed box has a better feel IMO. 

Make sure the rear wheel arches and sills are sound. Highly likely they will have been repaired so make sure its done well and not just filler.

If looking at a MK2 then look even more carefully at the front chassis rails. They rust very badly.

• Like 1

I am not sure what calling me a slag has to do with MX5's Russ, but I will let you tell me that to my face.

Now back to the friendly, helpful people on this forum, I have had to join MX5 Nutz facebook page before I can persue the one in Barnsley, it is £2500, 90,000miles with no modifications or rust and yes, it has to be a Mk1 I am afraid. Fingers crossed.

does it have to be a specific colour. there was a merlot edition for sale mx5 nutz facebook page in manchester which wasa decent car had only done 70 odd thousand miles if i remeber correctly. i am a memeber of nutz on facebook but dont seem to be able to find the car your on about

1 hour ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

I am not sure what calling me a slag has to do with MX5's Russ, but I will let you tell me that to my face.

Can't tell if you're being serious or not but when you have a car for just track work it's often dubbed a track slag. That's what Russ meant lol.

There's a place called Goodwood Sportscars in Berwick on Tweed that always has nice fresh imports if you're willing to travel. Anything that's been used properly in the UK for a few years could be a risk.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.