Recommended fabricator / turner to make a pulley

Dodgey

I've a thread in the tech section where I'm pondering on a solution to my racing pulleys on my V8 and price allowing, have concluded that having a simple alloy pulley turned on a lathe would be the easiest solution.

I want to take a 108mm pulley and have a copy made, only 150mm diameter instead (or there abouts).

Can anyone recommend a company to use? and any idea how much? It's the bottom pulley in the pic. Just needs to be made bigger! (it's a 6vee pulley with three mounting holes)

IMG_2230_zpsfcm4h16m.jpg

Dodgey,

That is circa Supercharger sized so perhaps you may be able to find one blank with no holes of the right size to start with.

Just a thought.

I've had quite a resonable quote from Brise in the past for making a custom sized pulley.

Thanks. Will look at all the links. I emailed Brise last night.

Also got someone on the V8forum quoting for me.

Excellent :yes:

Nice :yes: :yes: :yes:

Mmmm shiny, I like shiny things :t-up:

Just one thing you said 3 holes and your new one has 6 ???

:-) crank damper has 6 holes so I though I'd have them all put on the new piece - why not! :-)

That was quick,   off the shelf or made for you?

Made for me by a machinist I found (well, he found me after a post on the V8Forums) as a one off.

It doesn't exist off the shelf. It's part of a 3 pulley performance set (under driven water pump and alternator) - which is no good for a car used in traffic!

My original is 108mm dia, this is 150mm dia . He didn't even need the originals as he knows the PCd and hub size for the Rover SD1 crank pulley, and has all the details for 6-poly vee. Clearly knows his stuff. On the V8forums there are pictures of entire lifter sets he machined.

His details are:

Ged’s Shed NW

T:01745 561327

M: 07827 371099

E:ged@terrysant.plus.com

I was going to suggest a local turner but as your already sorted, that's great.  I've been round my local industrial estate, amazing the number of experts in all fields you can find to make all manner of things, used a couple of them so far.