Exhaust silencers. Post a pic please.

TableLeg

Be interested to see any photos showing side mounted exhaust silencers. Also if you happen to know the length of the silencer that would be good too.

Thanks in advance.

:yes:

There are many ways of using brackets, bobbins etc to support silencers of varying diameters. 6" is most popular and quite effective with the longest length you can fit to keep noise down especially for track days

6" is most popular and quite effective with the longest length you can fit to keep noise down especially for track days

Thanks Terry, :yes:

It is primarily the silencer length I am interested in and how it looks on the car hence my request for pics. Perhaps you want to go first Terry :d

I am an IT numptie at posting pics on here but someone will be along soon I am sure

Thanks guys :yes:

Great pics :d and thanks for the dimensions too.

I am an IT numptie at posting pics on here but someone will be along soon I am sure

No worries Terry :)

20150202_135056.jpg

I don't know the size offhand, and its not on a Westfield, so pretty pointless pic!! :)

Is a Westfield silencer modified though.

Ever considered the clean underslung look ? :)

I have 6carjon......Many many times!!!!

But I have opted in the end to going external. I feel it is a simpler install for me, saves having to transport the whole car to somewhere to have an underslung made plus you don't have the same heat issues with the CAT's and silencers on the outside.

:)

i'm using a motad one very happy, they make them for "blue" cars as well as other colours. as they dont sell westfield ones.

happy and it fitted as standard, and they already knew the dimensions of the lengths of pipes.... mind readers