Hullavington Track Day - Mse 26/10

Terzo204

Hello all,

I'm doing a track day at Hullavington, Wiltshire, this Friday. I'm wondering if the are any other members attending?

If there is anyone who has been on an MSE event before, how are the briefings undertaken and what's their view on passengers?

Thanks,

Mike

Passengers are okay, for a fee of £20 per head. Crash helmets are mandatory but are available to hire. Get there before 09.30 and go to the briefing - it is informative and helpful. I have done a number of these and can only say that the organisers strive for a balance of fun and safety - pretty successfully in my view. The current layout of Hullavington is better than it used to be for my Westfield. There are fast straights and good corners too. My car doesn't have too high a top speed so the previous long straights were a bit tedious but, given the venue, the compromise is pretty good. I hope the weather is kind to you.

^^ This is my local airfield track and would love to join you, but I have work commitments on Friday.

You can book instruction for around £25 per session. They have one instructor called Irland Jensen (who Jensen Button was named after - he used to race with his dad). I can throughly recommend a session with him. Even one session really transformed by enjoyment of the car and the day.

Have fun!

You Have to attend the safety briefing at all trackdays. They will tell you where overtaking is allowed, usually only on the straights, what all the flags mean, what to do if you breakdown etc. Full face helmets are just about compulsory in open cars these days. I've been to a few MSE days in the past and never had problems with the odd drift as long as no one is near you, all good fun.

I had a couple of sessions with Erling Jensen at an MSE day at the same venue in April.

I was impressed with him. He places a lot of emphasis on braking skills as being the greatest opportunity to gain time on rivals with similarly powered cars. In essence we may like to bury the throttle pedal when we can, but that is not the best way to save time in competition.

Hi Terzo, I should be there if all goes to plan!! Let me know what colour your car is...

MSE have been excellent in my view, comply with your sign on instructions and you wont miss a thing. Their tuition has been excellent too. Passengers have to pay a tenner and wear helmets

A word of advice, get to the front during the briefing, they can be a bit quiet as they're normally either in or next to a blow up tent :yes:

See you there :westy: :westy:

Oops! Yes Burlers is right, it is £10. £20 is for second drivers.

Hi Terzo, I should be there if all goes to plan!! Let me know what colour your car is...

MSE have been excellent in my view, comply with your sign on instructions and you wont miss a thing. Their tuition has been excellent too. Passengers have to pay a tenner and wear helmets

A word of advice, get to the front during the briefing, they can be a bit quiet as they're normally either in or next to a blow up tent :yes:

See you there :westy: :westy:

I'll be there after a few late nights working on the car. A little worries about the alternator...Hence the lack of response sorry all.

I'll in in my black SEIW. Come and say hello.

I'll be there with two friends, one in silver GT3 and one in a Black s/c Exige.

Mike

Sorry Terzo didn't find you in the end, but I'm pretty sure it was you that waved?

Bit greasy early on eh? Great fun though

Yes that was me! Great day. I have some video footage that i'll get online at some point.

There was no grip whatsoever in the morning. I span right in front of the photographer and it was all on film....I was quite happy to forget about

I understand that you know Dave at Track Developments? Dave was telling me that you just had an anti-roll bar fitted. Is this a worthwhile change?

Oo, send me a link to your shots then. Tee hee. I obviously wasn't trying hard enough ;)

TBH I found the first few laps really scary, it seemed really narrow at the top with that standing water.... few laps in and I was loving it though

I was having trouble getting power down out of corners including the fast ones previously...I don't have an LSD but the ARB really made a difference - Dave had sorted my geo set up which was amazing then a Plays Kool ARB made it even better, I felt like I was driving a different car in the corners. Money well spent IME

I'll have to get the photo from my 'Friend' of me spinning. I was happy to confine the moment to history, but Bob thought it was a moment worth recording.

I was considering getting the ARB as my first upgrade for the winter and this may well have made my mind up.

Daves a great mechanic and also a top bloke.

Go for it!! That plus Geo at Dave's and you'll be laughing :yes:

mgphoto.co.uk has some photos :d

i'll text my friend so i can get some photos.

I have one but I can't find the guidance to post them up?