Hayabusa Engine Q

Stelios

I begun searching for a busa engine and came asross a french import busa bike crashed in the front. The guy is considering selling the rest.

However the bike is a "restricted" one with "only" 260 km/m tacho.

Is this affecting the engine type or is it an ecu restriction that can be reprogrammed?

Don't know about French bikes but the UK bikes from 2002 on were limited to 186mph by lowering the rev limit in 6th gear.  A resistor across the gear indicator connector forces the ecu into thinking the bike is in 5th gear where there are no artificial limits.  

Be careful though as it's possible for some markets they used different throttle bodies or injectors ??  Sean Dyson at Two2Four will be able to tell you.  (Think that's the right name and company ??)

Steve

Do you know if the Busa Bikes have "what gear they are in indicator"? would be a great option to have on my Megabusa.

Old age, keep forgetting what gear i'm in !!!