Caged roll bar and fitting etc

andy58

hi all,

I have an SEiW and recently forked out the £450 to replace the chrome roll bar with a Caged heavy duty bar with stays to the back.

It is very heavy duty and i have no quarms whatsoever that it would survive any crash intact, I am however worried about how i have attached it,

the rear stays go down either side of the petrol tank to the two brackets that are welded on the struts at the back- the simple bracket through which the bolt and rose joint sit dont look very strong and i had to bore them out with a drill so a M12 (i think) bolt could go through......are they strong enough to withstand a severe shunt of energy into them?

Also the caged bar comes with four anchor holes at the top on each side, however only the back two align with the wholes on the frame already, do people bolt on the front two also? I would have to drill into the frame?!

And finally that after fitting the sodding thing (which was actually not just the quick bolt on job as it doesnt all align perfectly- i should have taken it down to them rather than sending measurements in hindsight!) I suddenly realised the eyelet seatbelt anchors behind the top of the headrest dont fit under the bar, does anyone have an idea of where I could get smaller anchors or any idea for anchoring them?!!! I would have thought other customers of Caged must have come accross these problems,

Any advice very welcome,

many thanks

pm waggledance on here,he has fitted one on his car.