Which steering wheel

Kevin (Mr T)

I've got the OMP one and I'm a fan of Freewheel  :d

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/111249-ian-ks-s2000-build-thread/?p=1260391

Wheel was this one, from here: http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/steering-wheels/omp-kubic-steering-wheel-310-265mm-flat-black-suede

This did need the 6 hole to 3 hole adapter. I've since been told if I had looked harder, I'd have found a wheel with 3 holes  :cry:

• Like 1

Whatever wheel you buy Kev,  changing the diameter by just small amounts makes a big difference on how the steering reacts.  I guess you have a standard 300mm wheel at the mo,  so don't go too mad and buy a 250mm one, it will make driving in a straight line very twitchy.    Mine is 285mm and I find tit just right.

Whatever wheel you buy Kev, changing the diameter by just small amounts makes a big difference on how the steering reacts. I guess you have a standard 300mm wheel at the mo, so don't go too mad and buy a 250mm one, it will make driving in a straight line very twitchy. Mine is 285mm and I find tit just right.

I bet you do Bernie

steer clear of the RMD ones... they are poo. mine is flimsy at best. luckily its small so not too bad but if id got a bigger one it would be bent by now

I have an RMD wheel. Did hear they can crack at the spokes so will be changing to a more reliable one soon.

Whatever wheel you buy Kev, changing the diameter by just small amounts makes a big difference on how the steering reacts. I guess you have a standard 300mm wheel at the mo, so don't go too mad and buy a 250mm one, it will make driving in a straight line very twitchy. Mine is 285mm and I find tit just right.

I will have a measure today, but the one I have is small (too small in my opinion).

I went through this over last winter and ended up with the 300mm Momo, 300mm is about right for me, I didn't want to move the driving position as it was perfect. I just needed the extra knee room following back surgery to actually get out of the car .. 

IMG_2684.jpg  IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

I purchased the Momo Team 26 (29cm) from Luke at Playskool, which has been great, Luke drilled the wheel for me to the PCD I needed, in my case 6x70.