Intercom system?

1959grantura

I installed the Peltor rally intercom system - its great for long runs out with a passenger so you can actually have a conversation, I've also made a cable to listen to my iPhone music (in mono) and listen to map directions. Runs off a 9v battery and there's an adapter you can buy that runs it off 12v , which in my opinion is worth every penny.

I did have to experiment with wind socks with the doors off, ended up with wind tape and a mic sock which eliminates all but the worst wind noise.

GOPR4181.jpg

Am I right in thinking Dave (OP) wants these to fit in a helmet?

Am I right in thinking Dave (OP) wants these to fit in a helmet?

Good point  - Just as well Pelter do the stuff for helmets  :getmecoat:

I think the BT option is going to be the best , I quite like the idea of the autocom kit giving you loads of options and spares but for what I want to spend its pretty old wired to each other kit which I think the novelty will soon wear off.  

Thanks everyone!! :)

Which autocom W Shep?

Sorry for the late reply.  Mine's a 200 kit if I remember rightly.  I paid around £200 for it at the time, about 8 - 9 years ago and still going strong.

Sorry for the late reply.  Mine's a 200 kit if I remember rightly.  I paid around £200 for it at the time, about 8 - 9 years ago and still going strong.

Was 200 kit I was looking at went for £41 the lot

So just to confirm it's works with driver carrying the main box then passenger is tethered to you ?

Just been into my local Aldi and they have bike jobbies, very similar to the ones Castlecroft suggested, at £29.99 each.

No idea what they are like, of course, but thought I would mention it.

Just been into my local Aldi and they have bike jobbies, very similar to the ones Castlecroft suggested, at £29.99 each.

No idea what they are like, of course, but thought I would mention it.

Is this the one in Chelmsford?    

I went for the Bluetooth over that version because the reviews on Amazon weren't great and you still have to plug into a box, so you're effectively tethered to each other. The Bluetooth ones are wire free (apart from the speaker wires, obvs!). Bit more expensive, but I've found the battery life excellent - lasted a whole day on track, the quality is great and the sound is spot on, even over the engine and wind noise at track speeds.

Is this the one in Chelmsford?

I was in Lexden at the time Kev, opposite our showroom in London Road.

Was 200 kit I was looking at went for £41 the lot

So just to confirm it's works with driver carrying the main box then passenger is tethered to you ?

Main box can be powered by battery or wired into the ignition (as mine was), then two leads off which plugged into the sockets I fixed to our helmets.