Ouch! Hit on the bum

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Bad luck but the main thing is you're not hurt.  Your car is the same colour as mine and I've had people not see me and pull out at least 3 times now.  Avoided them all but one was very close.  It is a horizontal motor bike from the front but I also wonder if this colour blends in too much with the scenery. 

If it needs any more than an alignment check and a new arch, I would insist it gets done by the factory.  You'll have an excess to pay whatever and there shouldn't be any NCB to lose. 

What bad luck  :( Hope you get it sorted OK without too much hassle.

I can't tell from the photo, but how bad is the wheel?

My car is bright Orange but I've also had people pull out on me. One blamed my indicators being too small, another gave me the finger and said something I couldn't hear over my air horns.

Thank you everyone for your lovely words and helpful advice. Neither of us is hurt at all and the car is completely ok to drive, which is good. A Plan have passed me over to the underwriters and I have requested a price for the repairs from the only people I would trust with my car, namely the Westfield factory. Apart from Glen of course, he is always nice to my car.

We have had the rear wheel off and there is no obvious damage other than the surface scuffs, but I will ask for it to be confirmed. I cannot see or feel any bends and I have put a steel ruler along the chassis and wishbones.

Robin -  the wheel has some scuffs and a dint on it. 

The rear wheel arch is detachable and was only off a few months ago when Glen put some piping between the arch and the tub, more prettiness.

• Like 3

We all promise not to look at it at Stoneleigh.

Well not too much.

Glad you are both ok

Sorry to see this Julie, looks like a fairly easy fix with a bit of luck and nobody hurt, so could have been worse.

Of course if it was mine I'd be inconsolable!

Look at the trouble you get into when you don't have your minders riding shotgun  :p

Glad you are both ok and I'm sure the Westfield will be fixed as good as new soon  :yes:

• Like 1

Claim for a brand new car, whiplash to your goodself and 5 other passengers that were not actually there,  every body else does.