Silverstone GP

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

Thanks ,   in for a full re map in 6 weeks time , meantime I have a deluxe armchair ticket for the whole weekend , hope the weather is better in Northants than it is in Wigan atm 

• Like 1

You wouldn't want it like it was yesterday here about twenty five miles more or less due south of the circuit! It was about 33deg C early afternoon. Our cat didn't even have the energy to eat - most unusual as he's normally a piggy moggie. Today it's dull mostly and much cooler - ideal as long as it stays dry.

Down in Goodwood last Saturday it was also damned hot but bearable. Much sunscreen was used...

Small world Clive , my daughter lives in Woodley so not that far from you I imagine ?

No idea what temps we had here yesterday but you didn't need the frying pan to cook dinner , back to normality again now as any speed series contestant will tell you  :t-up:

Ah, Woodley, yes. Not for from Reading I think. It was a huge growth area in the late sixties and early seventies - lots of people who worked at Hoover's in Perivale went to live there (my Good Lady worked at Hoover's at around that time). So many at once that PO telephones couldn't supply phone lines for months at a time. All because the M4 was extended westwards and people realised they could live in a nice area and still work in outer London.

Chez moi is about five miles north of High Wycombe so not too far away when viewed from your neck of the woods.

My sister in law used to live near you for many years Bernie - just outside Warrington at Hermitage Green until they moved to Shropshire last year. It is indeed a small world!

Hope you're feeling better Bernie after your "upgrade", stay well, see you around!

I'm heading to the GP on Sunday, first time & very excited! Got grandstand tickets at Village A through work!

Any advice in terms of what time to get there, best places to park etc? We have a public parking pass.

Cheers.

Went yesterday for test day. Absolutely fantastic. Tips are leave plenty early. I would aim into arrive at 8am. Allow an hour for traffic on entry. We were queuing for an hour on A43 at 8am. Do allow for this. Food and drink is expensive, we took large cool bag as did many, so saved on expensive food but others may want a treat. There are plenty of food outlets. I took kids so took ear defenders with us, sound was awesome but little loud for kids. We sat in village A and on start straight as close as possible, all thoroughly enjoyed it wish I was still there!

99655250-7D5D-4719-B53E-7E09003A452E.jpg

• Like 1