London Formula E

Sparkymart

I was there yesterday and got an OK view from one of the standing areas. We got lucky though as we only paid for unreserved standing in zone C but got into the viewing platform an hour or so before the race as it was empty  :)

20150628_153058.jpg

20150628_153026.jpg

or is that emery's  :)  :)  :)

I can't type in Dick for Emery, can I?

Ooh! I can!  :oops:

Confess I recorded the final just to say I'd made the effort of actually trying it before dismissing it....there's an hour I won't get back....

It looked and sounded very much like R/C cars to me. The commentary made such a deal about how important it was to save energy and how central that was to the racing. Isn't that exactly what all the complaints about F1 are about? Lots of bumping, barging and bits falling off, winner got a 45 second penalty for using more than 100% of the allocated energy allowed, ridiculous circuit, proper hissy-fit going on between two of the championship leaders, took a while to figure who had actually won the championship.

Slightly surprised the cars don't make a 'fake' sound, maybe like pod racers out of Star Wars - might be more exciting if they did?

I think I'll pass.

Since when has racing been about "saving energy" If that was the best street race circuit then I they should give up. No value at all for spectators IMHO

Get better action and value for money  going to any half decent club race or sprint venue  :t-up:

• Like 2

Get better action and value for money  going to any half decent club race or sprint venue  :t-up:

Yep! :t-up:

It's had a fair amount of bad feedback on Twitter as well, Richard Branson reckons it will be bigger than F1 within 5 years.... REALLY RICHARD...!

Agreed.

But I'd also say that was true for a lot of the sports events that have come to be hugely dominated by money, too.

Well F1 is boring IMO!

Well F1 is boring IMO!

Quite so but it seems tons of people pay good money to get bored these days , says lots to me about modern society  :t-up: