Speedseries Results - Blyton (R6)

Tigger

Thanks Tigger, very much appreciate your time to do this!

Looks like John H did a pretty damn good job of ensuring nobody else got any decent points at this event :laugh::t-up:

Interesting to compare points scores for the same drivers from the same track (although not quite the same layout, admittedly) last year. Anyone with around the same amount of points both years must have made a huge improvement in their speed!

Thanks Tigger, very much appreciate your time to do this!

Looks like John H did a pretty damn good job of ensuring nobody else got any decent points at this event :laugh::t-up:

You both did :(

I was expecting more points for my improved speed relative to last year and others.

My thoughts exactly fellas. Is this due to the track being a new one so no fastest class times set yet?

I too feel my driving and consequently times had improved but a little disappointed the points don't reflect this.

Well done to the fast guy's tho.

I may well have to consider my entry to events on a different criteria. Lmao

My thoughts exactly fellas. Is this due to the track being a new one so no fastest class times set yet?

I believe so. I think target times have been calculated from the fastest time overall and then percentage variations between classes from previous events.

I believe so. I think target times have been calculated from the fastest time overall and then percentage variations between classes from previous events.

That's correct.

And I still feel if's a better method than all classes getting 100 points, even though it went against some of us at this event due to some rather quick D times.

It seems about right to me. Can't have been easy to work out, so big thanks to all those working behind the scenes  :t-up:

I knew I wasn't going to score well here but it's an indication of how much quicker John is going this year :yes: . At the July event last year I was 'only' :cry:  3.8 secs behind John and the target time he had previously set, and picked up a mid-nineties score. Was kind of expecting to do the same here (although it's a double lapper, the percentage based scoring would allow for that) but given that, had my clutch not given out, I would probably have finished with times similar to Phil and Steve and come away with something in the low nineties.  I'm not complaining, just recognizing the phenomenal drives and well prepared cars of John and Adam  :yes:

Can't have been easy to work out, so big thanks to all those working behind the scenes :t-up:

I'm not complaining, just recognizing the phenomenal drives and well prepared cars of John and Adam :yes:

:yes: :yes:

As has been pointed out we are using a different system this year which is based on the fastest driver relative to their class averages. Read the regs for the exact definition. As with any change it always gives a different result, in this case John's exceptional time for a class D car has not helped in getting what might have been more expected point for the other drivers. So as with all changes we monitor how they work out over the year and then decided whether to keep them for the next year onwards. So i'm going to reserve judgement on it until the year end, but 1.6e rule does only effect a few events.

• Like 1

I think we all hoped to score a few more points but John's time set the bar for all classes. I think the 2 lap event was liked by everyone so maybe we will have some proper target times next year........or maybe not if we all decide to score the championship differently next year.