Toyo r888 for road use

Stevec33

Echo the pressures. Interesting to see what they are - i run 16. 

I've still got winter tyres on my road car .......... Don't wory I'll change them this week if the weather realy has got warmer.

I've run r888's as road tyres and found them great, you must get the tyre pressures right though, the sidewalls are very different to 'standard' tyres so play with the pressures until you find the sweet spot. 16psi worked for me, down to 14psi on hot days.

Yep, as bad as having awful geo. Try 16psi all round and see how it goes. Might need more or less, depending on the weight of your car and the temp.

Yeah, I used to use 17 or 18 on the road, depending on time of year/ambient temperatures.

I found anything less than 16psi appalling on the road.

It's worth getting yourself a good low range pressure gauge, one with a bleed off button. You won't believe how sensitive to pressures a light weight powerful Westfield is on good sticky tyres. I found when pressing on, I could certainly feel a 1 - 2 psi difference across an axle or front to back.

As above, a few psi too high the other weekend for me and the back end felt like it was driving on a different bit of road to the front end!

(Feel free to ignore the below bit as I guess it falls under the category of 'advertising' :blush: )

I use one of these gauges, works great for our low tyre pressures: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/tools/jitsie_tyre_pressure_gauge/c31p12237.html (Can offer discount to WSCC members).

That's very similar to what I use Adam; should be in every Westfield owners tool kit!

• Like 1

I found 14 psi was the sweet spot for me in good weather, but my car is light (550kgs), hence pointing out that you need to make it work for you and your set up :yes:

Tyre pressures are a fun way of learning how settings affect the drive, so do play around with it to find what you like. Dave's advice about a good gauge is spot on and the one Adam recommended looks top banana :d

Next up - shock damping!

The car is quite light at about 600kgs, im going to try 17psi to start with in the middle of the most popular suggestions, will give it a good try at that and then try adjusting if need be to see if i can make it better. Thanks to everyone for the advice