New Helmet

Terry Everall

Anyone buy a Bell helmet at Autosport recently at a fair price? Looking at the RS3 PRO which has a chin spoiler.

Yes I just had mine delivered Yesterday and very happy with it.

Got a great deal from Earl at GPR in Silverstone ( Ordered at Autosport though ) give him a call, mention me & Graham Frankland he'll probably charge you extra :d

659BE786-982F-4237-AC10-4F2265F0DE32.jpg

22770FE0-8BE6-42B7-816D-3031201CC427.jpg

Where did you get your name added?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get a good fit with the Bell so bought a Sparco

I bought one of these in blue. Feels a superb helmet.

Interested too about the name and visor sticker. Is it going to pass scrutineering?

The visor sticker can apparently just be removed according to Demon Tweeks staff

I bought one of these in blue. Feels a superb helmet.

Interested too about the name and visor sticker. Is it going to pass scrutineering?

Why should either be a problem ?

Smoked visors are usually a problem as the scrutes reckon medics need to see your eyes in the event if an accident to determine consciousness

It's also easier marshalling on track when you can see the drivers eyes, specially if you happen to be jumping up and down in front of them waving a flag! (And don't underestimate just how much tunnel vision many driver get when on a hot lap at maximum concentration.)

I was also under the belief that stickers, vinyl and wrapping of helmets was forbidden. With the statement that the scrutineer couldn't tell if any damage had been covered up.

Even thought it was in the blue book somewhere ...

I also think that stickers ( other than the official ones and the MSA blue sticker) are "taboo"

Well I just read the blue book section K Competitors Safety/ Crash Helmets and can't find anything that says the visor sticker ( which was supplied on the visor by Bell along with some spares from GPR ) is violating MSA regs.

As for the name decal again I can't see anything in the blue book that regulates against that. 

The blue book does however say that googles & visors must be clear or neutral density filters, not sure mine conforms to that, but ( and I don't disagree with anything thats been said above ) I've seen plenty of drivers competing in both sprints and hill climbs using dark or iridescent visors so I'm not really sure about this one. Ill just have to take the clear one and swap over if necessary.

Happy to be corrected if I have any of this wrong 

Visors are things that different scrutineers seem to have different opinions on. Some take exception to really dark ones, others seem OK with them. 

I have also heard the comment that they want to be able to see your eye's though the visor so that in the event of a crash they can see if you are OK or not.