Unable to Copy Quotes or Paste Links

Rab (bombero) Reid

Is it just me or am I missing something...

1/ If I'm on a website and I want to cut'n'paste the web address into a post, I appear to be able to 'right click, copy' from the website but when I go to 'right click, paste' it allows me to but nothing gets pasted .. I've even tried 'right click, cut' as an option but to no avail.

2/ If I'm in a thread and want to reply to a previous post, when I click the 'quote' button, I'm taken to the bottom of the page as normal but a standard reply box opens with no quoted post.

Some help, please.

I get the same with internet explorer but it works with Google Chrome.  It also seems better sometime to use the full editor option

All works for me on IE7 and Chrome.   How old is your browser/PC?

The current Internet Explore, and possibly the last one(?) are effectively "broken" as far as the Boardroom goes. Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc all seem to work OK though!

Hmm, I'll need to check as it was at my work .. .. I was on a break, ahem, honest! Yeah, and it seem s to work fine at home on Firefox. Cheers guys!

I get the odd malady when on the works VPN so could well be that.

• Like 1

if you click on the top left icon  I can paste links in then.bb mode I think its called

Is it just me or am I missing something...

1/ If I'm on a website and I want to cut'n'paste the web address into a post, I appear to be able to 'right click, copy' from the website but when I go to 'right click, paste' it allows me to but nothing gets pasted .. I've even tried 'right click, cut' as an option but to no avail.

2/ If I'm in a thread and want to reply to a previous post, when I click the 'quote' button, I'm taken to the bottom of the page as normal but a standard reply box opens with no quoted post.

Some help, please.

Try right-clicking the 'quote' button and open in a new tab. That's how I posted this with ie11/Windows 8.1