Sometimes it's better if Westfield don't answer the phone

iain m

Got my Summer Mag and saw a couple of interesting items on page 19 a Westfield Advert, sent off an email for more info on the wind break and asked if they supplied a 6in re-packable exhaust with a cat. After a week or so with no reply parts dept eventually answered the phone, after several trips to find more info I was led to believe the centre panel is similar to most wind breaks and it clips/covers the roll bar in a semi ridged form with the lower edge fitted with Velcro presumable to fix to the carpet forming a tight and secure fixing. OK send me one,  that's £48  but we will not charge for postage,  hang on the advert says £35,  ah it's plus Vat, sorry your advert says £35 inc Vat. Another trip to speak to someone,  OK we will charge you £33.50 plus Vat £36.60, OK if its as good as you say send me one. Oh do you have a 6in re-packable stainless steel exhaust, yes we have but they are expensive at nearly £400, OK sound reasonable to me send me one,  off they go again oh sorry they are over £800 do you still want one, I declined.     

I eagerly awaited the postman today until I saw the sorry little cardboard package which would have gone through the letter box it was so small. I opened it and the CEO accused me of buying ladies underwear. The material was similar to ladies tights two pieces sewn along the edges of the roll bar shape with the open edge along the bottom, the idea is to pull this over the roll bar and seal together at the bottom with the Velcro. Problem is it would not pull down on my car with a boot lid and even without it there is no way to attach the lower edge to prevent it blowing up and  the material is so flimsy and it is so ill fitting it will blow about in the wind, Driving around giving the impression of drying old tights off the roll bar is not an image I wish to pursue. 

So trip to the Post Office in the morning, as I said sometimes it's better if Westfield don't answer the phone.

Yeah I got one of those wind breaks a few weeks ago and it doesn't fit with the boot box and doesn't look that great. Waste of £35.

Let's be honest most ' xtra's ' we buy for our westfield are useless and not needed

Hoods , half hoods , wind deflectors , doors , half doors , we could all do without.

After all it is a stripped down sports car and that's most of the fun...

Saying that I must change the air freshner in mine......

Let's be honest most ' xtra's ' we buy for our westfield are useless and not needed

Hoods , half hoods , wind deflectors , doors , half doors , we could all do without.

After all it is a stripped down sports car and that's most of the fun...

Saying that I must change the air freshner in mine......

If that's like me Paul, that would mean a change of diet lol.

It's not for me of course, it's for the CEOs hair, just sending it back and I see they actually charged me £36.60 plus the free pp £3.60 waste of £40.20 plus the postage to return. 

Having seen one at the last meet, it does look like something a very large bloke would wear to the Rocky Horror Show!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Having seen one at the last meet, it does look like something a very large bloke would wear to the Rocky Horror Show!

We're do I get one from. Will they fit happily obese?

Hoods - I agree

Half hood - Disagree - I minute to erect and keeps out most of the rain.

Wind deflectors - Disagree - can talk (and breathe) at any speed.

Half doors - Disagree - even less buffetting and no water in my lap from the front wheels.

All IMO of course

You can do without a Westfield.

Its just no fun.

After that, anything that gets more miles and more enjoyment from the car is good.

if a hood gets you out in the car more, it's a benefit, if a waterproof over suit will do it, great, that's good too...

• 2 weeks later...

I have changed my mind!!!, having sent the goods back with a covering letter and nothing heard for 3 weeks I attempted phoning so emailed over a week ago as nothing  showing up as a credit in my bank account, emailed again today so hoping they have not lost it??

I have changed my mind!!!, having sent the goods back with a covering letter and nothing heard for 3 weeks I attempted phoning so emailed over a week ago as nothing  showing up as a credit in my bank account, emailed again today so hoping they have not lost it??

I think these days you need to return ANY goods via recorded delivery - I've been caught more than once (not specifically Westfield) but for a couple of extra quid, it's worth doing (sorry, this doesn't help your situation - they probably need your £40 to cover their electricity for this week  :( )

OK send me one,  that's £48  but we will not charge for postage,  hang on the advert says £35,  ah it's plus Vat, sorry your advert says £35 inc Vat. Another trip to speak to someone,  OK we will charge you £33.50 plus Vat £36.60, OK if its as good as you say send me one.

The material was similar to ladies tights two pieces sewn along the edges of the roll bar shape with the open edge along the bottom, the idea is to pull this over the roll bar and seal together at the bottom with the Velcro. Problem is it would not pull down on my car with a boot lid and even without it there is no way to attach the lower edge to prevent it blowing up and  the material is so flimsy and it is so ill fitting it will blow about in the wind, Driving around giving the impression of drying old tights off the roll bar is not an image I wish to pursue. 

Not good.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorted, after almost 8 weeks, several phone calls where the person answering found all the details but never actually confirmed they had received the goods and said someone would ring me back which never occurred. tisme suggested it was probably lost so the next two calls I made a point of not asking if they had the goods, suddenly last week a call to ask for my card details to deal with my credit. All is well now but Westfield make themselves an enormous amount of work by not dealing with things as they occur.  

It all smells a bit like "is doing this going to help my KPIs this month? hmmmmmmmmm..... Nope. I'll just let someone else deal with it then".

Because of what I do and how it often involves contacting businesses for information and technical specs about their products (which we then pass to our high profile clients for them to consider before a purchase), A lot of them put the phone down as soon as they realise your not going to buy something there and then (some even block your number) and it's getting worse with every day that passes, especially in small/medium sized manufacturers.

All because helping the customer isn't quantifiable and therefore not as important as taking their money (which is quantifiable)..... Numpties with all their new business buzzwords and not a single clue about true customer service.