I'm not sure I'm gel'ing with Westy ownership

Deako

Luke out of interest have you come off motorbikes,I came of motorbikes nearly 2 years ago and I didnt get the same buz in the westy as I had on the busa or my gsxr 1000 but I am know starting to get my head around it,my car 170ish bhp and it can bite if your not careful so still got the fear facter,it doesn't drive like a new car but it does grow on you

Hmmm. 1 month in approx.

The Westy I purchased is amazingly well built and a fantastic car. But I'm actually having second thoughts about Westy ownership.

:(

Had a few good drives out. Good fun, but I don't know what's missing.

I think it begins with Por and ends with sche.

I have the Porsche right now, adding in a slice of Westfield in the next week or so, will let you know how they compare ;)

I fell out of love with the Elise after about 4 weeks, just not for me. My previous Westie that I built and kept for 8 years I should have kept! After the Elise, I bought a SEiW Duratec and love it! Despite not driving it as much as I would like, mainly due to family commitments, 4 kids, well one is now 18!

I thought my 111S (160 bhp) K series Elise was fantastic. Just the right power to push to the limit with getting silly. Comfortable and covered the miles effortlessly.

I understand what the OP is saying and he's right to ask opinions here. 

For what it's worth I would advise he keeps it through the summer and get some nice warm mileage out of it. If, after that, he still not "getting" it change to something else.

• Like 1

Likewise, I'm a huge fan (now) of the 1.6 Sigma engined Westfield. Another light weight engine package.

Thanks for the opinions all. As Norman states, I am right to make my comments here, to see what people think I need to do.

I've also asked opinions on a Porsche forum to see what would be in my budget should I decide to change.

Likewise, I'm a huge fan (now) of the 1.6 Sigma engined Westfield. Another light weight engine package.

Makes a Westy feel truly nimble.  Contrast with my current C20XE which is heavy and mounted further forward is considerable.

My 111s was nothing compared to the Westie in terms of smiles per mile. Given Elise is more practical, for a fun second car, for the miles it does and the tinkering I can do I prefer the Westie by a fair way.

Just my experience, I have a number of friends who love their Elise.

Looking forward to the drift day in the sigma engined Westie Dave, from what you tell me, sound a great combination.

Andy

Having just bought my wife a new Boxster for her 'big birthday' last month, I am lucky enough to be able to do a direct comparison with my Westfield. For a civilised trip where arriving in non-windswept condition matters, the Porsche wins hands down. For smiles per mile and a feeling of exhilaration, there is absolutely no contest - Westy every time!

before you part company why not go to a club meeting or two, join other members for a group blat, do a track day or two then make your mind up

I am about 6 weeks into ownership. I have my fears but I have a track day coming up and the summer season to look forward to. Got to make sure you experience all the car has to offer before deciding. 

Driving it on the road gives me a thrill, and a fear. Back brief on the track day to come! Car Health check underway...

I think uou need a cross flow :-)

Nah what he needs is a BEC. Thinks the chap in the 911 I smoked on Sunday in the traffic light Grand Prix now feels the same lol

IanG1 - it was tongue in cheek, I have both and love both equally :-) 

I'd have both if I were you…  :yes:

Stick with it.......I did.

Last year I spent the summer tearing up the tarmac with some mates in Caterhams after feeling a bit disillusioned with ownership.....realised the Westie was purely a toy.........stuck it back in the garage for the winter......brought a nice Carrera which I really like but,.......well it's different .......and now I appreciate the Westie for what it is....PURE....

Buy a Porsche if you fancy one and I'll bet you'll enjoy the Westie more than you thought possible.

Both cars make me smile,they're happy to share the garage and if I can't decide which one to take out I take a two wheeler.

Have no regrets.....

You've got one life....live it.

Go on sell it, then you can come back in a few months with yer tail between yer legs and  say                                              "I miss my :westy: Westfield"