Insurance whilst building?

TableLeg

I now have both Westfield, (currently on build insurance, previously normal insurance) and the tin top through A Plan, like you, I found both Claire and her colleagues a great experience to deal with compared to many others. Though Frank Pickles were also excellent in this respect.

The only thing you have to keep an eye on with A Plan when comparing quotes, (and it's a good thing, not a criticism!) is that they tend to be stripped back to the bear bones, so can be easy to overlook a feature or piece of cover that another companies dearer quote may include as standard.

Claire and her colleagues will do their best to find out exactly what you need so that they can make sure you have all the right cover, but it's always worth checking if theirs anything you're not sure on. Oh, and even once you add a few extra bits, they're still usually less than most of the competition!

(it's travelling to and from work that gets many people, by the way, specially if you don't always work in the same place). 

(it's travelling to and from work that gets many people, by the way, specially if you don't always work in the same place). 

Interesting that you mentioned that.

I’m down on my various car/bike policies as ‘retired’ & so have  SDP (social, domestic and pleasure) cover, but on a recent trawl around the insurance companies I was twice asked if I did any voluntary work (which in fact I do).  On both occasions I was told that I therefore needed 'to and from your place of work’ cover & the premium quotes rose steeply.  :-(

R

I frequently work on site at a clients house/premises sometimes I'll use the Westfield, as it's not a fixed place of work, I've got it specifically added to the Westfield insurance, I forget just how much it cost, but not a lot more, teens of pounds nothing more.