One of those daft questions........

Yanto

Quality on the Playskool ones feels top notch too, for the price. Had a look at a set at Autosport, and ordered them for the new car.

I have the std Westfield supplied belts, on the lap strap I have some strips of velcro sewn to the belt in the right place, you have to work this out for yourself cos i dont know how fat you are. Before I get in the car I tighten up the laps straps too tight then get in, it's easier to loosen the belts than tighten them in situ, iyswim, when the belt is ok I just push the strap down the side of my hips and the velcro does the rest, the shoulder straps can then be tightened to a comfortable level, here again I have two bits of black velcro, but I use these differently, because I'm quite small the straps tend to slip off my shoulders, so the loose ends, y'know the bits that flick you in the face at speed, are pulled across my chest and pressed together, the velcro does the rest. No more strap in the face, and no more strap slipping off the shoulder. Of course if you have the later seats with harness slots the straps wont slip off the shoulder so you probably wont need this bit, but my car has the old style sports seats. HTH :)

I'll have to give that method a try, BTH I'm fatter than some and skinnier than some.

An element I find with being trussed up too tight is that when you come to some junctions, particularly, ones you don't know....and you have forgotten to angle the car favourably. You simply can't see out the junction and your forced to "edge" out in to the road, possibly putting your snout in harms way. For this reason I deliberately have a tiny bit of slack, just so I have the ability to ease forward to see at Junctions....but will admit this not the best endorsement regarding "Safety". 

• 5 weeks later...

resurrecting this thread as i've found something on my Westy.

Due to losing something expensive and vital to me, i thought it had fallen behind/under the seat.  I took the seat out, but didn't find what i'd lost :cry: .  What i did discover however, was that the lap belts had been bolted to the rearmost captive nuts, i've subsequently relocated them to the foremost nuts which has made the positioning of the lap belts much better :d !

As a bonus i also managed to remove lots of debris including stones, leaves, dead insects and a perished ear plug with ear wax attached (not mine!)  where's the "vomit" emoticon when you need it?