Widebodied Westfield - Track / Fast Road Spec

Badger1

I am looking for a widebodied westfield for 90% track and some fast road.

I am after a 180bhp+ car - must be a solid reliable engine. I am not looking for a highly tuned, expensive engine, I want a reliable solid unit that can take the intended use without high maintenance. I have owned highly strung k-series etc and whilst great engines I want something reliable and solid.

The car must be track focused with the necessary suspension and set up to make it perform well on track.

I would like the option of using wet weather gear as it will not necessarily be trailored everywhere.

I am looking to spend no more than £10-12k.

If you have or know of anything suitable please let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi mate,

Tried messaging you but says "you cannot use the messaging system"

My car is up for sale (after much deliberation).

I see you would like weather gear (mine doesn't have this as it has an aeroscreen) but I do have the car for sale with a covered trailer within your budget as a package ;)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi,

I have a 198+ BHP Vauxhall Redtop engined Widebody. The engine has ARP rod bolts, Yamaha R1 carbs, exhaust manifold is wrapped, silencer is a trackday friendly stainless steel one.

Ducted nose cone.

It's got a Playskool MSA rollbar, large Willwood calipers up front.

Used AVO rear shocks & new Westfield fronts just fitted.

R888 tyres on Image split rims.

It has a windscreen, wipers, doors and perspex wind deflectors. Needs a new hood / half hood though.

Fitted a reconditioned LSD from Road & Race last weekend, not even tried it out yet !

I'm sure I have forgotten loads too.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi.
I bought such a car back in 06  -  not 180+, but well set up and needing more power.  Bought an engine (240+) but meanwhile had tracked the car as it was and was impressed enough not to face  the engine change, which I then sold on after our circumstances changed dramatically. I've been unable to track since then and the car has probably only covered 20 miles (I have a trailer) and  will shortly be put on sale.
Brief spec is:
2004 SEiW
2lit Zetec
GSXR bodies
Megasquirt ECU
156bhp at the flywheel
Scholar sump
RAC roll bar
LSD
Full (unused) weather gear
Will be sold with a full MoT
More detail on tony@blackcat9.co.uk
Tony

Hi.

I bought such a car back in 06  -  not 180+, but well set up and needing more power.  Bought an engine (240+) but meanwhile had tracked the car as it was and was impressed enough not to face  the engine change, which I then sold on after our circumstances changed dramatically. I've been unable to track since then and the car has probably only covered 20 miles (I have a trailer) and  will shortly be put on sale.

Brief spec is:

2004 SEiW

2lit Zetec

GSXR bodies

Megasquirt ECU

156bhp at the flywheel

Scholar sump

RAC roll bar

LSD

Full (unused) weather gear

Will be sold with a full MoT

More detail on tony@blackcat9.co.uk

Tony

Hi Tony,

Did you ever sell the yellow pinto car you had?

Regards

Ian

I am looking for a widebodied westfield for 90% track and some fast road.

I am after a 180bhp+ car - must be a solid reliable engine. I am not looking for a highly tuned, expensive engine, I want a reliable solid unit that can take the intended use without high maintenance. I have owned highly strung k-series etc and whilst great engines I want something reliable and solid.

The car must be track focused with the necessary suspension and set up to make it perform well on track.

I would like the option of using wet weather gear as it will not necessarily be trailored everywhere.

I am looking to spend no more than £10-12k.

If you have or know of anything suitable please let me know.

Thanks

If you want some help and advise there are a few of us that live is sunny Swindon

Just give me a shout or have a look at the Local WSCC Site 

Are you still looking for a vehicle? I will be offering my 2009 factory built Westfield SEIW sport 2.0L Duratec 16v 200bhp for sale in the next day or two. It is in immaculate condition with 3800 miles and no issues. If your interested let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Flymo is still for sale.... at a great price... James 

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have a 4.3L V8 which is set up for fast road or track use it was recently roller roaded at 250bhp but has a massive torque curve.

absolute road rocket. PM me if you are interested. Look on Westfields for sale for more details. 

Ian

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.