Stars, what do they mean?

Young Pretender

..On your boardroom profile? (not a deep thinking thread, don't worry) 

and how do you come by them?

They're bit like the stars the staff at McDonalds get :oops:

You start off as Johnny no stars but if you stick around here for long enough you end up with loads :laugh:

It's how you rate other people in your world.  It has no bearing outside your owm universe.  For example, you can rate me at no stars in your personal universe but it has no effect anywhere else.

Grr...

I wanted to say

"Means you've hit your head!"

Or something like that.

While on the topic what are the dark grey circles under profile pics in posts

It's how you rate other people in your world.  It has no bearing outside your owm universe.  For example, you can rate me at no stars in your personal universe but it has no effect anywhere else.

I'm quite confused  :blush:

People that I have never rated have varying numbers of stars  :suspect:

from the help section

Rating
You may be able to rate the user by selecting one of the stars at the top of their profile. If you can rate a user, the stars will change color as you move your mouse over them. If you cannot rate the user, you will not be able to select the stars. You cannot rate yourself. You may be able to change your rating. To do this, just click on a different star and your vote will be updated.

Good lord, YP  --  I had never realised that. 

Sounds like a relatively useless, and yet potentially divisive system to me. Why do we maintain that facility, Mr MemSec?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... Dunno?  Please ask the wise and powerful Webmaster.

If you're seeing stars it means someone just hit you on the head.

Good lord, YP  --  I had never realised that. 

Sounds like a relatively useless, and yet potentially divisive system to me. Why do we maintain that facility, Mr MemSec?

OK Mr Club Secretary, I can see your point and concur.  As I'm a genius, I found the setting backstage and disabled it.  Can't think it will be missed too much anyway.

I want to complain :oops: i had loads of stars and now they're all gone :down:

I can't believe you two meddlers have made such a major change to the boardroom without consulting with the membership first :d

I demand a vote :d :D :laugh:

• Like 2

Quite right too.  When the chance to stand against me and become the new MemSec comes up soon, I suggest you take it. :t-up:

Oh and BTW.. FPMSL!  :laugh:   :cry: